Search

School Calendars and Room Booking solutions

• Public
Started by Kevin Byrne 13 Dec 2013 4:12pm () Replies (9)

Hi all

I am seeking some possible solutions for  mutliple calendars - an overall public school one, a staff only one and then possibly an EOTC one (currently in the overall one), an assessment one etc. We currently use an Outlook calendar for our staff but I would like to be able to publish straight to the the web for the overall public school one. 

Also I am seeking a room booking solution for hall, compuetr rooms etc.

We use MUSAC and are not currently registered as a school for Google Apps. We use Office365 / Skydrive in a limited way.

Thanks Kevin

Replies

• Angela Lee (View all users posts) 13 Dec 2013 5:05pm ()

I'm not sure if you want to register for Google Apps or not, but thought I'd let you know it works.  We use Google Apps a lot and have found it to be the best solution for multiple calendars and resource bookings. It's also web based so easy to use on any platform - integrates well with iOS and Android too if people want to go that way.  I've found it really easy to setup and once it's setup people can use it on whatever device they want to.   It is possible to use a Google Apps calendar in Outlook I just haven't given our staff that option as it creates a few more headaches setup wise.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.