Search

School Calendars and Room Booking solutions

• Public
Started by Kevin Byrne 13 Dec 2013 4:12pm () Replies (9)

Hi all

I am seeking some possible solutions for  mutliple calendars - an overall public school one, a staff only one and then possibly an EOTC one (currently in the overall one), an assessment one etc. We currently use an Outlook calendar for our staff but I would like to be able to publish straight to the the web for the overall public school one. 

Also I am seeking a room booking solution for hall, compuetr rooms etc.

We use MUSAC and are not currently registered as a school for Google Apps. We use Office365 / Skydrive in a limited way.

Thanks Kevin

Replies

• Chris Le Cren (View all users posts) 16 Dec 2013 12:42pm ()

You could also have a look at the calendar and bookings system that are part of the Ultranet suite of admin and learning support tools (http://www.ultranet.co.nz/website-tools/. You can subscribe to the website tools only without the other learning management tools if that is all you want. The calendars and booking system are designed for a school environment. The calendars can be set to public viewing or specific groups only and can also RSS to personal calendars (e.g. in iCal or Outlook). For the booking system, you can also set who can view bookings and make/edit bookings and who can moderate/approve them if you need that feature (e.g. for the hall where there may be competing interests from within and outside the school). Some schools use the Ultranet bookings/calendar system in combination with Google Calendars. Google calendars work very well for schools already using Google apps.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.