Search

Book creator to google drive to readium

• Public
Started by Tash Jacobs 28 Nov 2013 2:28pm () Replies (8)

I have put book creator books into the drive then downloaded to pc then viewed through the readium app.  The problem I have is that when I log into the google account on different machines I have to reload the book into readium again.  Is there a way to sync the books so that they appear on all machines logged into the same class drive?  (like i books do)

Replies

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 28 Nov 2013 8:26pm ()

Try this- upload to the file you want to an online storage place.

Copy the URL and push it out via email or Hapara or something to all your other devices with Readium installed.     

As far as I know the Readium app on each device needs to be 'told' where to point to get the ePub.

Readium Upload

• Tash Jacobs (View all users posts) 28 Nov 2013 9:10pm ()

So could that simply be the URL of the space it's stored on my google drive?

• Eric Martini (View all users posts) 28 Nov 2013 9:33pm ()

don't think it works with  a link from Google drive.

Readium will be looking for the file extension .epub

Google docs shared links won't have the epub extension, so readium wouldn't recognise the link

• Tash Jacobs (View all users posts) 28 Nov 2013 10:56pm ()

It does upload to google drive with the extension and will open in readium, but I wanted it to open on any PC logged into the drive and thought this would be automatic, but maybe it has to be manually put on each one?

• Eric Martini (View all users posts) 28 Nov 2013 11:09pm ()

interesting..... the epub in google drive didn't work for me in readium...

• Tash Jacobs (View all users posts) 29 Nov 2013 7:16am ()

I downloaded it to documents first then uploaded it to readuim and it worked perfectly, maybe the download first is the key. :)

• Eric Martini (View all users posts) 29 Nov 2013 8:21am ()

uploading an epub from the computer to Readium works, but I haven't managed to get the adding epub via URL to work yet?

tried Google Drive, Dropbox and Skydrive and none works.... all share settings turned to public and restrictions off

Anyone managed to add an epub to Readium via online storage like Drive, Dropbox Skydrive etc?

Join this group to contribute to discussions.