Search

Professional Development and E Learning

• Public
Started by Diana Reid 19 Nov 2013 7:53am () Replies (2)

My NAPP Inquiry linked E Learning and improving Maori student literacy.  I used the rather old fashioned buddy reading idea and E Books read in Samsung Tablets to improve a small group of Year 9 student's asttle literacy scores over the year.  This has lead to our school library investing in E books and linking with the local town library, that I was using to share the range of E books that our students could access.  Perhaps small steps with E Learning is best. Small successes help teachers and students to become more confident using E learning. 

Replies

• Lisa Allcott (View all users posts) 19 Nov 2013 11:14am ()

Hi Diana,

Great to read about the linkages made with your school library and your local town library around e-book provision. Some public libraries are now providing access to e-books which is a painless way for your school community to try out the e-books before deciding to pay for buying or subscribing to them yourselves.

If anyone is thinking about e-book provision through their school library, National Library's Services to Schools has more information on its website about school libraries and e-books as well as professional development. Let us know if you would like PD on this topic in your area.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.

e-Learning: Leadership

e-Learning: Leadership

Exploring leadership for change, vision, policy and strategy that integrates ICTs into learning.