Search

Deploying Apps to Android Devices

• Public
Started by Barb 29 Oct 2013 5:22pm () Replies (6)

Does anyone know if there is a way to deploy purchased Apps to all tablets in the school without having to indidually log in to each tablet?

Barb

Replies

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 30 Oct 2013 1:01pm ()

I asked Twitter last night and the only suggestion that came up was using Meraki.

http://meraki.cisco.com/products/systems-manager

Looking at their site it looks like you can use it but I haven't had any experience of it.

I wonder if someone else had used it for Android.

I know from the iPad group that some have used it for their iPads.

Worth exploring more maybe- not even sure if it is free or not?

• Nix (View all users posts) 20 Nov 2013 4:24pm ()

Just wondering if you had any success with this "Barb" - I'm in need of finding a way to do this aswell.  Allanah I don't suppose you know what the legal requirements are for a school putting apps onto multiple androids??  Thanks in avance for any advice

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 20 Nov 2013 8:22pm ()

I have asked the Googel Certified Teachers Google group and will wait and see if they have any wise words to add to the conversation.

:-)

• Garry Hill (View all users posts) 10 Jun 2014 8:56am ()

What devices are you running. If you are using Samsung devices one of the Enterprise Management Tools within KNOX framework might be suitable. I am just looking at it with their Enterprise Solutions Manager. Will post back when I have explored further.

• Kimberlie Cording (View all users posts) 27 Oct 2016 4:55am ()

Hi Did anyone come up with a solution for this? Have some ideas but would like a more solid one.

Kiwi teaching in the UAE in a school that has FINALLY caught up with the technology side of teaching!

Join this group to contribute to discussions.