Search

Download video from google drive to iPad

• Public
Started by Sarah Parker 24 Oct 2013 4:02pm () Replies (4)

Does anyone know an app or 'how to' get videos my students have saved into drive, off the drive and back onto the iPad.  Have no problem with photos, press download then tap screen and choose save to camera roll.  Not so with video.  Choose download, opens in a new tab and can't seem to do anything with it from there.  Any help greatfully received.

Replies

• Eric Martini (View all users posts) 24 Oct 2013 11:41pm ()

I use Vdownloader Lite - free app. You can save most videos online to the ipad's camera roll

With the free version you're limited to 10 downloads at any one time, so all you do is delete the download from Vdownloader once it's transfered to the camera roll.

Just copy the link to the video from google drive into VDownloader to download.

HIH

eric

• Sarah Parker (View all users posts) 25 Oct 2013 6:08am ()

Thank you so much Eric, I'll get onto it right now.  Really appreciate your response.

• Eric Martini (View all users posts) 25 Oct 2013 8:46am ()

glad to help Sarah.

in Vdownloader, click to play the video, if it doesn't start automatically.

click "save to memory". when download complete, click the "downloads" button at the bottom, you should see any videos that have been saved. tap the blue arrow to the right, a pop up window opens, then tap the camea icon to transfer the download to the Camera Roll. You'll get a confirmation when its done.

Tap the trash icon to remove the video from Vdownloader, otherwise when you reach the 10 limit, it full.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.