Search

How are you utilising Google docs?

• Public
Started by Moana Timoko 23 Oct 2013 9:17am () Replies (24)

Our Blended e-Learning Inquiry:

How can we increase the confidence & user levels of all staff to utilise Google docs to share collaboratively online?

Share here and let us know how you are utilising Google docs - For yourself, within the kura and with your ākonga.

Replies

• lynripia (View all users posts) 23 Oct 2013 10:37am ()

I have recently been using google doc's personal and didn't even know it lol, i have a back up on my phone where all my photos are saved to the cloud.  

I would like to use google doc to replace how and what my students are using and saving into the sharred student drive.  This will make it more accessible for myself but also abit of a headache to teach them how to use the gmail but well worth at the end of the day. 

• Moana Timoko (View all users posts) 23 Oct 2013 11:48am ()

Ka pai Lyn

Just some reminders/ideas for you about our discussions:

• Create scrolling documents for your students - Eg - Mahi Tuhituhi - Individual docs that you share with individual students
    • Establish some sort of filing system with your students- (first name then mahi) - 'Moana Tuhituhi 2013'
    • You may want to create a template that you share with all...and then teach your ākonga how to make a copy for themselves to share with you
    • Can you DRIVE the use of our Scrolling Hui minutes doc with the staff - Encourage them to use it...contribute to the minutes doc - before, during and/or after your staff hui
    • Create a Scrolling Hui minutes doc for your syndicate
    • Hoki mai ki te kōrero nei - Keep us updated with your progress
  • Maui Messent (View all users posts) 23 Oct 2013 10:43am ()

I timata ahau inapo ki te tuku i ako mahere ako kia Whaea Lucy ma te whakamahi i te Goggle Doc tino mama hoki  ki te upload ka save katahi ka emere kia kaha tatou katoa ki te whakamahi i tenei RAWE??????

• Moana Timoko (View all users posts) 23 Oct 2013 1:04pm ()

Tino pai!

• Kerry Majurey (View all users posts) 23 Oct 2013 11:34am ()

Kia ora.  Ka mahi au te Gmera te nuinga o te wa i tenei wa.  Ka pai enei mahi hou ma tatou.  Forever learning and upskilling!!!!  Keeping up with tomorrow and Te Ao Hurihuri.

• Moana Timoko (View all users posts) 23 Oct 2013 1:06pm ()

Awesome Kerry - You shared some ideas that you could follow through with re: working collaboratively - let me know if you need some help with getting started...I am also trying to keep up with tomorrow e hoa - LOL!

• Marama Hune (View all users posts) 30 Oct 2013 10:13am ()

Ka whakamahia hei tuku atu i aku mahere ako, te pupuri i etahi o aku mahi

• Moana Timoko (View all users posts) 31 Oct 2013 8:53am ()

Coolio!  Keep thinking about those Wharekura profiles - what info you want to have access to - what you need to include and we'll work on it.

• Muriwai White (View all users posts) 30 Oct 2013 11:46am ()

awesome i plan on giving this a good go to make my job easier!!!!!! nei ra te mihi e Moana!!!! also this is a good place to talk and get peoples feed back.....

• Moana Timoko (View all users posts) 31 Oct 2013 8:52am ()

Ae rā!  Ka pai e hoa!

• Kataraina (View all users posts) 30 Oct 2013 12:33pm ()

Tena koutou katoa,

I am still in the process of learning about this kaupapa and the way it works. However I hope to implement this into my classroom, learning of my students in a e-learner friendly environment.

So watch this space for new ideas.

p.s. I really hope this kaupapa gets carried throughout our time here at Kura, not like other kaupapa that get talked about but no walking the talk. ;-)

Nga mihi whanau 

• Lucy Te Moana (View all users posts) 30 Oct 2013 2:11pm ()

So if thats is how you are feeling Katariana about some kaupapa not been talked about and not been walked, lets see what that looks like.

• Moana Timoko (View all users posts) 31 Oct 2013 9:29am ()

Kia ora Lucy

This is a link that takes you to the Enabling e-Learning site - Media Gallery - There are video clips that you can watch or share with the staff to show many different possibilities about the integration of e-Learning - You may need to view from home as the videos are currently blocked from viewing at kura.

Link here: http://elearning.tki.org.nz/Media-gallery

There is also a VLN group for Google Apps for Education here: /groups/profile/69872/google-apps-for-education

• Moana Timoko (View all users posts) 31 Oct 2013 9:12am ()

Kia ora Kataraina - This message is not only intended for you but for all those contributing.

We need some drivers at the kura - GOOGLE drivers to support each of our kaiako to upskill in the use of your GOOGLE accounts.  I have made some suggestions/recommendations about insisting that everyone brings their laptops to kura hui - syndicate hui, whole staff hui to familiarise them with the practice of having to contribute to the scrolling minute documents.  

Ideally kaiako should be contributing to agenda items/discussions prior to a hui...during and possibly after. Contributions could be inserting their names for attendance/apologies - or inserting agenda items and topics for discussions - inserting comments about agenda items - adding queries etc etc.  

This is a starting point that supports our BeL inquiry:

How can we increase the confidence & user levels of all staff to utilise Google docs to share collaboratively online?

There are some kaiako who have more confidence in this area and you will find that some will advance quickly and explore the other functions/applications available - like GOOGLE Calendar, BLOGGER etc. Some will need further support to develop their confidence and the use of scrolling minutes allows us to get everyone in there....because they HAVE to....there is a purpose.

Ultimately we should be thinking about how we can utilise our GOOGLE accounts with our ākonga.  This may however not be the best platform for Te Ara hou with their ākonga - but we'll explore other options when we have access to more tools for them.

Long reply for you and others - but this is the bigger picture of what we're trying to do right now with what we've got.

I appreciate your enthusiasm - and I know you'll be one of our main GOOGLE drivers because many have mentioned you as being 'ON TO IT' with this sort of mahi - So yep we need you to drive it and help to lead this mahi in the kura. 

• Lesley Mane (View all users posts) 30 Oct 2013 2:00pm ()

Kia ora te whanau

I just recently started 'having a tutu' with this but, hopefully i will be using it more often to help me and vice versa ... (Hoefully i spelt that correctly) haha

Thank you Whaea Moana :)

• Moana Timoko (View all users posts) 31 Oct 2013 9:17am ()

Ka pai Lesley - Keep having a tutu - Best way to learn!

• lynripia (View all users posts) 31 Oct 2013 12:57am ()

All students apart from 1 have all sent me a google doc.  Yayyy!!!!! 

• Moana Timoko (View all users posts) 31 Oct 2013 8:51am ()

Tino pai e hoa!!!!!  Haere tonu, haere tonu!!!!  Keep us updated with your progress please - We've got ourselves another GOOGLE DRIVER e hoa mā!!!!

• anna (View all users posts) 31 Oct 2013 12:21pm ()

Totally awesome!!!!

• Reremoana Taipeti (View all users posts) 31 Oct 2013 6:56am ()

Practice with scrolling minutes first then venture out to other activities, sooooo like Kata watch this space!

• Moana Timoko (View all users posts) 31 Oct 2013 9:17am ()

Fuuuuu!!!!  Neat alright!

• Sonia (View all users posts) 13 Nov 2013 9:35am ()

I had just recieved the access code today  and find that Google Apps is awesome

Join this group to contribute to discussions.