Search

Where to start

• Public
Started by Tanya Tanner 10 Oct 2013 12:13pm () Replies (15)

Hi, I have heard lots about using google apps in the classroom, I am keen to give it a go but would like some starter tip please. 

Replies

• Tim Gander (View all users posts) 10 Oct 2013 5:54pm ()

Hi guys - Hapara dashboard is a really good solution as a management tool - although I don't use it myself.  There are tools that you can use which are free and worth trying like gClass folders that can organise and create folders for teachers, I have been using these instead as we don't have the funding for the Hapara solution at this stage.  I think the dashboard you are talking about Merryl is the admin console and is more of an overall management tool for passwords, permissions and network management - different people can be granted different access.  I have used Google apps extensively this year with all my classes and found the experience to be positive - have a read about it on my blog here http://nzteachnology.blogspot.co.nz/ Maybe just start with a class or an activity, I have written about plenty on the blog!!  Cheers, Tim

• merryl (View all users posts) 10 Oct 2013 2:47pm ()

Is the only dashboard Hapara $4.00 per student .... Is there a free dashboard anyway with google apps????

• merryl (View all users posts) 10 Oct 2013 12:24pm ()

Sign up for google apps for education - this was a little tricky but we got there. I hear now we need an add on dashboard that gives the teacher the ability to manage all that happens. Is this correct??

• Mike Thornley (View all users posts) 10 Oct 2013 12:18pm ()

I am also in the same boat. Would be keen to hear where others started and what have been the main positives out of using google apps.

Cheers

Join this group to contribute to discussions.