Search

This is why we do it - passion for teaching

• Public
Started by Patrick Pink 10 Oct 2013 11:19am () Replies (2)

This is why we do it

Rita Pierson gave a TED talk in April 2013.  For 7 minutes and 48 seconds she shared her wisdom and her love of teaching and learning and the inspiration of working alongside students.  She particularly highlighted the importance of building relationships with her students as a key to well-being and achievement.  

Ms. Pierson shares:  'Teaching and learning should bring joy.  How powerful would our world be if we had kids who were not afraid to take risks, who were not afraid to think, and who had a champion?  Every child deserves a champion, an adult who will never give up on them, who understands the power of connection, and insists that they become the best that they can possibly be.'

Truly inspirational

Transcript can be found on the TED site.

Replies

• Tara O'Neill (View all users posts) 21 Oct 2013 7:16am ()

How do I raise the academic achievement and self esteem at the same time?

A legacy of relationships that will never disappear.

We teach anyway because that's what we do.

Every Child Deserves a Champion.

So encouraging to listen to on second Monday of Term 4.   This helps me to remember the big picture.  My students may not move as far as National Standards or Star or the other tests we do in Term Four but they will always remember that someone believed in them and someone thought enough of them to spend time with them and to listen.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.