Search

Creative Commons Session Slides

• Public
Started by Matt McGregor 25 Sep 2013 2:06pm () Replies (3)

Hi all,

It was great to meet some of you in Whangarei on Monday. Following TeAhua's lead, I thought I'd link to some slides that introduce how Creative Commons licences can be used in schools, if anyone wishes to explore these ideas in more detail. You can find these slides here. We also have a nice video that can be used in the classroom, if you are so inclined: http://vimeo.com/25684782

All the best,

Matt McGregor

Replies

• Chris Swanwick (View all users posts) 26 Sep 2013 4:44pm ()

Matt, thank you very much kindly agreeing to attend both days. It was fantastic to have you there, and we wish you all the best with growing awareness around the use of Creative Commons in schools. 

A couple of months ago I downloaded the add ons for Microsoft Office. I now have a CC tab in Word, Excel and Powerpoint etc to apply licences to the works I create in those pieces of software. Were you aware of this or can you say any more about how to apply and use those?

• Matt McGregor (View all users posts) 26 Sep 2013 5:00pm ()

Thanks for inviting me, Chris. It was great to see how many people had heard of CC: it's been a big increase in awareness in the last 12 months.

And sure thing: you can download the plugin here (that's a link, if you're reading this via email and it gets scrubbed). That link provides install instructions, and from there, it's very simple. A 'Creative Commons' tab will appear at the top of your MS software, and can be used to automatically mark your document with your licence of choice. The English teachers out there may grind their teeth at the US spelling ('license'), but otherwise its very easy to use!

Join this group to contribute to discussions.