Search

Team Teaching

• Public
Started by Michelle Saric 20 Sep 2013 8:36am () Replies (6)

Next year our two junior classes (Y1 and Y2) will be team teaching. We would like to observe some innovative team teaching practices. Is there anyone who teaches junior children in the Christchuch/Canterbury area who would be willing for two teachers to visit their team and discuss what works successfully? Thanks. 

Replies

• Helen H (View all users posts) 20 Sep 2013 8:45am ()

I would be really interested in this also - we do team teaching with Year 2/3 group of children and you are welcome to come and see us, but, we would like to grow our practice in this area too so would love to see some other scenarios as well.  You can contact me at Springston School.  

• Greg Carroll (View all users posts) 20 Sep 2013 9:17am ()

Waimari have an MLE space that their junior team work in.  You could contact Mike Anderson their principal?

• Emily Keenan (View all users posts) 20 Sep 2013 9:34am ()

Hi Michelle

Freeville School in Christchurch team teach at a variety of levels- they would be worth contacting.

Paul Wilkinson is their Acting Principal. 

• Suskya Goodall (View all users posts) 24 Sep 2013 6:17pm ()

I'm in Wellington and teaching Yr7-8. My team have done some team teaching this year and would love to discuss this with other schools, whatever the age. Happy to email or skype...

Cheers,

Suskya

• Michelle Saric (View all users posts) 25 Sep 2013 8:07am ()

Thanks for your suggestions. Helen, I would be quite keen to come and visit sometime in the first half of next term if that's okay?

Join this group to contribute to discussions.