Search

Tellagami and the SAMR model

• Public
Started by Allanah King 07 Sep 2013 3:00pm () Replies (12)

I wrote this blog post this afternoon around ways to use the simple, free Tellagami app and how it can be at all levels of the SAMR model.

http://allanahk.edublogs.org/2013/09/07/how-i-see-the-samr-model/

How it could be at the lowest substitution level or how it could be at the redefinition dimension- all depending on how is it is used.

How have people used in their classrooms?

Replies

• Tash Jacobs (View all users posts) 19 Feb 2014 9:02pm ()

Thanks for the quick advice everyone.  Flick is awesome... Just what I wanted, so easy to use... The kids will be collaborating over the next few days to make their class introductions etc I to an I movie and then we are going to turn the whole movie into a qr code to send home as well as upload it onto our class google drive... Sharing with parents has never been so quick and easy! 

• Ingrid (View all users posts) 19 Feb 2014 8:46pm ()

My class made their Tellagamis on different ipads and then e-mailed them to me.  This meant I could save and add to our class blog.

• Monika Kern (View all users posts) 19 Feb 2014 10:26am ()

One of my teachers just got me into Flick, too - so easy! :) We noted that it pays to have the iPads named so that you know where to and from your 'flicks' are going!

• iDave (View all users posts) 19 Feb 2014 9:22am ()

Yep  Allanah - Flick is my current favourite too - recommend it!Smile   Easy to use.

https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/flick./id644265534?mt=8

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 19 Feb 2014 8:47am ()

My latest fave app for moving photos and videos between iPads and laptops is Flick.

https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/flick./id644265534?mt=8

Just open the app on either device and flick the photo or video between devices. It is very easy then to just flick things to other devices, literally.

Once all the little movies are on one iPad or laptop putting them into iMovie for collation will be a breeze.

• Tash Jacobs (View all users posts) 19 Feb 2014 8:27am ()

I know it's possible because of the collaboration in the link above.... Please help :)

• Tash Jacobs (View all users posts) 19 Feb 2014 8:25am ()
    • We have all made a gami each in my class to introduce ourselves, we want to collate them all together in an I movie... The problem is they are on different I pads.  We have uploaded them to google drive but I can't see a way to bring them back onto one I pad????
  • Ra Ellingham (View all users posts) 09 Sep 2013 5:14pm ()

Thanks for the explanation of the SAMR model. Finding it is a key point to reiterate that getting to play with apps is key to seeing the potential for what could be done transformatively. Having time to expore and the courage to try things out that may not work with students is a bit of a hurdle, especially if people feel limited by timeframes. Students are keen to try things out and discuss where they would make the changes. Teachers conversations around where they are at and how they can move up the ladder proving difficult to encourage.

• Mary-Anne Murphy (View all users posts) 08 Sep 2013 2:46pm ()

Tellagami is also great within a reading programme. Here are a couple of ideas on it's use: 

• personal response to text

• spoken thoughts/character in role. This is a drama technique whereby the student places themselves in the position of a character and retells an experience or moment in time from the story as if they were that character. (Also great approach for Social Science/Stuides).

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 07 Sep 2013 4:09pm ()

I am thjinking what could be cool too is for learners to create an art work and iuse that as their background while they tell people how the created it and to reflect on the process and the outcomes.

Your way of doing it collaboratively would be great as well. 

Join this group to contribute to discussions.