Search

Ipad screen repairs

• Public
Started by Susan McMillan 03 Sep 2013 1:17pm () Replies (9)

Has anyone replaced an ipad2  screen themselves? I see screens on Trademe for $79 and understand it's doable. However I'm not prepared to venture into the unknown quite yet.   Failing that - a reliable and reasonable repairer in Dunedin or nearby.  Have a quote for $280.

Replies

• Susan McMillan (View all users posts) 06 Sep 2013 9:53am ()

In receipt of repaired ipad 7.00am this morning.. Amazing service so highly recommend FairFix. 

• Susan McMillan (View all users posts) 04 Sep 2013 4:22pm ()

Thanks again. Fairfix charges 130 for ipad 2 + 9.50 postage.

It's en route now so I shall let you know.

• iDave (View all users posts) 04 Sep 2013 1:48pm ()

We have used Fairfix (www.fairfix.co.nz)  and have been happy with the price and results.

• Tracey Gibson (View all users posts) 04 Sep 2013 9:12am ()

I use an ex pupil of ours who has a little business running - he charges $158 for an iPad 2 replacement screen.

We are based in Pukekohe

• Susan McMillan (View all users posts) 03 Sep 2013 3:54pm ()

Thanks for all the advice. 

Have just been told about Fairfix in Auckland who are the most reasonable so far had have been recommended by satisfied customers. Will feed back.

• Jaxdonald (View all users posts) 03 Sep 2013 2:43pm ()

Hi

We use a youngman who charged us $170 to replace a screen on an iPad 2. He does alot of work for our school repairing damaged student iPods and iPads whenever needed. I know him as PJ and he even delievers if you're nice ;D

• Monika Kern (View all users posts) 03 Sep 2013 2:16pm ()

DH and I have replaced a cracked iPod touch screen with the help of a YouTube video recommended by the seller on TradeMe who sold us the replacement screen. It worked though it was very (!!!) fiddly. However, we never got it to seal properly again. I would not do it again, rather pay someone else to do it.

• Eric Martini (View all users posts) 03 Sep 2013 2:09pm ()

Susan,

My rule of thumb when deciding on a DIY or paid repair is, think of the worse case scenario - ie you brick the device - if you can take the hit, then worth the risk, if you can't- dont try it.

If the device isn't your own personal device - then I wouldn't attempt a first time DIY fix it job. Would only attempt to fix someone elses device if I was more than confident that I knew what I was doing and the was a good chance of a good repair.

So best option maybe to get a qualilfied technician to repair it.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.