Search

Blogging / Website / Wiki

• Public
Started by Jo Langdon 01 Sep 2013 8:40pm () Replies (13)

Hi there, I am at the very beginning of my ICT journey.  I am wanting to trial the use of blogging and/or a classroom website at our school and was hoping someone could give me a simply explaination of the differences/ pros/ cons between the two.  I am currently wondering about weebly or blogspot.  The class I will initally trial it in is a year 2/3 class.  But any comments relating to the use of either from N/E to year 6 would be appreciated.

Thanks Jo

Replies

• Steph Kitto (View all users posts) 01 Sep 2013 10:11pm ()

HI Jo

I have just started blogging with my year 1/2 class and it is fantastic. Previously I kept a diary of our learning on our school website but it wasn't visited by parents very often and I began to wonder who I was doing it for. Blogs are so easy to manage and maintain.  You are able to track your visitors and the feedback visitors give, via the comments box, is a powerful motivation for all learners.  This term I signed my class up to a quadblogging group, so we are learning about how to leave messages on other classrooom blogs - the kids are thoroughly enjoying it.  They are really buzzing about our new blog and as a result most parents are visiting our blog several times a week and leaving comments and voice messages.  You are welcome to visit our blog and have a look at how I have set it up - www.clyderoom6.blogspot.co.nz      Good luck. I look forward to hearing how you get on. Smile

Join this group to contribute to discussions.