Search

Blogging / Website / Wiki

• Public
Started by Jo Langdon 01 Sep 2013 8:40pm () Replies (13)

Hi there, I am at the very beginning of my ICT journey.  I am wanting to trial the use of blogging and/or a classroom website at our school and was hoping someone could give me a simply explaination of the differences/ pros/ cons between the two.  I am currently wondering about weebly or blogspot.  The class I will initally trial it in is a year 2/3 class.  But any comments relating to the use of either from N/E to year 6 would be appreciated.

Thanks Jo

Replies

• Barbara Reid (View all users posts) 01 Sep 2013 9:18pm ()

Hi Jo. Most classroom teachers are using blogspot as a blog as it is easy to post and add to your sidebar.  A blog is generally used as a place to post current classroom happenings with photos, videos etc, like a diary. A website or wiki is usually a place to store classroom resources to support classroom learning eg literacy and maths websites, usually tends to be more static.  If you are intending to join in a quadblogging group, you will be best to have a blogspot blog, as it is easy for others to comment. There are some easy to follow instructions here on bling4yrblog for setting up and adding to a blog. 

Join this group to contribute to discussions.