Search

Blogging / Website / Wiki

• Public
Started by Jo Langdon 01 Sep 2013 8:40pm () Replies (13)

Hi there, I am at the very beginning of my ICT journey.  I am wanting to trial the use of blogging and/or a classroom website at our school and was hoping someone could give me a simply explaination of the differences/ pros/ cons between the two.  I am currently wondering about weebly or blogspot.  The class I will initally trial it in is a year 2/3 class.  But any comments relating to the use of either from N/E to year 6 would be appreciated.

Thanks Jo

Replies

• Bruce Ngataierua (View all users posts) 01 Sep 2013 11:06pm ()

Hi Jo. Some great comments mentioned here and I thing Blogspot is great To use for class blogging. Another great blogging site you could try is Wordpress.

• Bruce Ngataierua (View all users posts) 04 Sep 2013 9:26am ()

Hi Jo,

I like some of the features that Wordpress has that are similar to Blogger for individual blogging. You're right that Wordpress is not as flexible as Blogger as this is linked to Google and its various features but I can link my other blogs into Wordpress like my blogger account.

I haven't used it for class blogs so I would be interested in there are any others who have made blogs using Wordpress or Edublogs and if they work well like Blogger.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.