Search

Google apps for Education

• Public
Started by Moana Timoko 26 Aug 2013 1:28pm () Replies (10)

How are we going with this?

Replies

• mena4kids (View all users posts) 26 Aug 2013 3:16pm ()

Looking for a good mind mapping app, I want to try mindmup? I love the google docs

• Moana Timoko (View all users posts) 02 Sep 2013 10:48am ()

Kia ora

You might want to check out this free app: Popplet

There is another version you can purchase for $6.49.

Popplet Screenshot 1

Popplet Screenshot

Or this one: Idea Sketch

Idea Sketch

• TeAhua Park (View all users posts) 02 Sep 2013 11:22am ()

Another mind mapping program you can use is PADLET (which use to be called wallwisher).  You dont have to be using an ipad, and can access this site from any computer by going to http://padlet.com/  (so you will need internet access).  

Here's a tutorial:

It is very simple to use, and can be set up on one computer as a station to collect whole class views prior to starting a topic, or at anytime.  A really useful tool. Laughing

• Jodi Edwards (View all users posts) 26 Aug 2013 3:18pm ()

For me I have been using more Google drive apps on our PC's and Ipads, students are learning how to  share ideas collaboratively, making suggestions towards where to next.

Mindmeister is wonderful for building prior knowledge and creating a wonder wall for the students. http://www.mindmup.com/#m:new-g

Our next step is looking at using an inquiry model to evaluate what students think of the Google apps for education. Have suggested using youthlearn inquiry model.

• Kathleen Edwards (View all users posts) 26 Aug 2013 3:19pm ()

Have been using iPads a lot mainly as a task on reading, writing and math rotation.  Really want to use it in a more creative way.  Have been using pic collage mainly for reading comp, also toontastic for retelling or creating stories using oral language. Looking for more apps to use IPads in a more creative way especially adding video bites to a docgroups for small groups to use independently. 

• Moana Timoko (View all users posts) 02 Sep 2013 10:55am ()

Kia ora Kathleen - How did you work with Sock Puppets?  I can't remember if you already use Puppet Pals?  

I need to check on the last comment you made above.  I think I know what you mean...but I'm not 100% sure lol.

• Debbie Cooke (View all users posts) 26 Aug 2013 3:39pm ()

In my writing I have been using with Year 3-5 Google drive documents, where each group has use of the p.c's and i pads ( on a rotation) to work on current documents and make feedback to other students. I write comments to them at home from my lap top and we view them as a group on the active board.

• Tessa Gray (View all users posts) 02 Sep 2013 11:51am ()

Hi all, just thought you might like to know about the following webinar.

CoolWEBINAR: Schools, Google apps and the cloud: 18 September, 3.45-4.45pm

imageTrends such as ubiquity, personalising learning and ultra-fast broadband mean schools can operate in different and innovative ways to access, process, construct, share and archive learning. In this webinar, we'll explore ways we can we maximise learning in the cloud more - including the use of Google apps for teaching and learning. 

Join guests Fiona Grant and Tania Coutts as they discuss ways to utilise the Google suite in the classroom and across the school. This webinar will be supported by a thread in the Enabling e-Learning | Technologies group. REGISTER NOW

Does this sound like you? Then feel free to register today for FREE! Tell your friends...

Join this group to contribute to discussions.

Maromaku School

Maromaku School

Blended e-Learning at Maromaku School