Search

Te āhua o ā tātou ākonga - The Graduate Profile

• Public
Started by Moana Timoko 22 Aug 2013 2:47pm () Replies (4)

Kia ora 

I would like some ideas about how others have collected/collated whānau and ākonga aspirations to create Graduate Profiles.

I am interested in sharing ideas about engaging whānau to contribute their aspirations.

What methods or processes are kura using to condense contributions to ensure that the Graduate Profile captures the overall essence of every contribution?

How do you make the Graduate Profile known?  Is it a document...is it a waiata?  What are some ideas that kura are using to ensure that their tamariki know what is expected?

Replies

• Phoebe Davis (View all users posts) 22 Aug 2013 2:58pm ()

I know some kaiako have used:

- Large outine of a tama and kotiro ( chns size) parents use post its to add their whakaaro and aspiratons for their tamaiti

- everytime a parent is in to pick up their child or drop something off to the kaiako, she would grab them to write up a post it about their aspirations

- survey of students

- survey of whanau thru newsletters or panui

- whanau hui sharing ideas in small groups having a scribe for each group.

Just some ideas to share. Kia ora

• Phoebe Davis (View all users posts) 22 Aug 2013 3:09pm ()

I saw in a kura. They had headings like behaviour, learning, EOTC etc whanau members moved around the room writing their ideas on the charts spread around the room

• Dianne Collier (View all users posts) 23 Aug 2013 1:49pm ()

bus stop, with parents moving around tables, contributing their aspirations on various topics (academic, social, te ao maori, learning, etc). scribe at each table.  parents had a set time at each table, and papers folded into sections so new group arriving couldn't see contributions of previous group. 

in another school some broad statements were made (eg "a graduate will be a confident leader who is responsible and can retain and transfer knowledge") with the question HOW? WHAT WILL THAT LOOK LIKE IN THIS KURA?

love the tama/kotiro shapes idea, Phoebe. Will try that in another kura :)

Join this group to contribute to discussions.