Search

Introducing...the Northern community online

Started by Tessa Gray 21 Aug 2013 1:12pm () Replies (15)

Welcome to the Leading Effective e-Learning group for the Northern region.

It is envisioned that this group will become a central hub for a community of like-minded educators - focused on growing e-learning leadership, to impact change for our priority learners.

Here, we can extend face-to-face events and provide a central space to sustain connections;

• to grow e-leadership in online communities
  • to connect schools and regions to the national Enabling eLearning hub
  • to engage schools in the VLN and other online professional learning communities

Megaphone

You might like to take a few moments to introduce yourself, tell us where you're from, share a photo or your mihi and your role as an e-leader. This is a great way to establish and connect a community online, so we'd love to hear from you. 

Replies

• Tessa Gray (View all users posts) 21 Aug 2013 1:13pm ()

Kia ora again, here's a little bit about me...

• Catriona Pene (View all users posts) 23 Aug 2013 9:33am ()

Kia ora everyone,

I am Catriona Pene and I am a BeL faciliatator and a member of the Online team working in the VLN and VPLD communities. I also have a new role as the e-learning facilitator for the English, ESOL and Literacy online communities.

I am looking forward to the chance to meet and work alongside more passionate educators looking to make a positive change for our tamariki.

Ngā mihi nui, nā Catriona.

• Monika Kern (View all users posts) 23 Aug 2013 9:43am ()

Kia ora koutou,

my name is Monika Kern and I work as BeL facilitator with schools in the Kaipara, Whangarei and the Mid North. While I grew up in Germany, I call the Far North home.

Let us all show our tamariki by example what it means to be 21st century learners by being creative, collaborating and sharing in this space and beyond. I am looking forward to meeting with you face-to-face or online here on the VLN!

Hei konā mai, nā Monika

• Chris Swanwick (View all users posts) 03 Sep 2013 9:27pm ()

Kia ora tatou, 

I'm really pleased to be able to introduce myself in this space. My names is Chris Swanwick and I'm a BeL facilitator working in Auckland, in a mix of primary and secondary schools. 

I'm really pleased that we have this space to discuss issues around leading eLearing in our schools, and a place to follow up on all of the great connections that we'll all hopefully make during the face to face events we have planned for the 23rd and 25th September. 

Keep a track on this space because we'll be more releasing more details as they are firmed up. 

Look forward to meeting you all and continuing the conversation! 

Nga mihi

Chris 

• Tania (View all users posts) 04 Sep 2013 7:05pm ()

Kia Ora/Talofa Tai Tokerau Whānau,

Ko Rangitiki te waka 

Ko Ngati Pakeha te iwi 

Ko Manaia te maunga

Ko Hatea te awa

Nō Tai Tokerau ahau

Ko Tania Coutts ahau

I am the BeL Facilitator within the Northland region, working predominately in Whangarei schools.  I am also lucky enough to be an e-Learning Facilitator 1 day per week at Maunu School and 1 day per fortnight at Whangarei Primary School.  LOVE the opportunity to work alongside teachers and students exploring and integrating e-Learning to support their learning. My passions within the learning environment include ANYTHING apple or google (and yes I know they are two very different companies!) that can enable us to CREATE and SHARE our learning with an authentic audience.  My grassroots are in Early Childhood and my e-Learning journey began at Manaia Kindergarten in 2005Smile when I was part of a team who undertook the MOE, ICT Professional Development programme.  I am a Google Certified Teacher and have recently become a Apple Authorised Education Trainer.  I look forward to meeting up with participants during our Whangarei Hui and continuing networking through the FAMOUS VLN!

Ngā mihi nui

Nā Tania

• Moana Timoko (View all users posts) 04 Sep 2013 9:35pm ()

Pukana

Kia ora rā e hoa mā (Ha ha ha...titiro mai, pukana mai!)

Ko Ngātokimatawhaorua te waka, Hokianga te moana.

Ko Puhanga Tohorā me Whakatere ngā maunga teitei.

Ko Otaua, Waima, Moehau ngā awa e rere ana.

Ko Pukerata me Otatara ngā marae e tū ana.

Ko Ngaitūtearu me Te Mahurehure ngā hapū e ora ana.

Ko Ngāpuhi te iwi hii haa!

Ko Moana Timoko tōku ingoa.

Kei Kaikohe tōku kāinga noho.

He kaimahi ahau mō CORE Education.

He poutakawaenga ā-ipurangi ahau mō te tima Te Marautanga o Aotearoa PLD.

He poutakawaenga mō te tīma Blended e-Learning PLD hoki.

Nō reira, tēnā koutou, tēnā koutou, tēnā koutou katoa.

• Angie Simmons (View all users posts) 18 Sep 2013 1:43pm ()

HI, I'm Angie Simmons, BeL Facilitator for BeL North. I work with an interesting range of primary schools in the North and Central Auckland area. I love my job, especially the relationships that are formed with school leaders and teachers. Over the year I have seen positive changes being made which are leading our students towards an authentic 21st century learning environment. I have learned so much myself too and it is great to have such a fantastic dedicated and professional team to work with. 

I look forward to learning more through this forum.

• DiWilkes (View all users posts) 19 Sep 2013 11:39am ()

Kia Ora Everyone,

The token Canadian, wanna be Kiwi here!  My name is Diana Wilkes and I currently work as a BeLF in Auckland.  I am spread from the top of the North Shore to way down south of Waiuku and I'm loving working in such a diverse range of primary schools.  I am so pleased with the progress these schools are making and the committment they have made to learning with digital technologies.  The journey is slow and steady for some and fast and furious for others but we are all moving forward to a more future focused, pedagogically sound approach to education.  I am working with some amazing leaders of learning and each day I am learning new tools, tricks and strategies- the reciprocality of the relationship is fantastic.  It can be an overwhelming time for new learners, young and old(er), and it is a priviledge to facililitate the learning of passionate educators.  I am also so fortunate to work with an amazingly supportive and truly collaborative team of BeLFs and ultimately, I find my work hugely rewarding.  I hope to continue to extend my learning here with you!

Cheers,

Diana

• Chris Jager (View all users posts) 20 Sep 2013 9:01am ()

Kia ora koutou

I am Chris Jager, team leader of the North region blended e-learning PLD team. I have had a long-standing interest in the potential to enhance learning through digital technologies. A future-focused view of learning conjures up a picture of a learner who has a set of dispositions needed to function in our rapidly changing world. Schools striving to make the necessary paradigm shift face many challenges and this makes the leadership of e-learning a critical component.

It is pleasing to see the growing recognition that what we need to be focussing on is learning rather than ICT.

I am delighted to see a community developing within our region around leading e-learning. Lets use this forum to share our ideas and successful strategies.

• Esther Casey (View all users posts) 20 Sep 2013 11:28am ()

Kia ora koutou,

I'm Esther Casey, and I am a Blended e-Learning Facilitator working with a group of really fabulous schools in the Central/East Auckland area.  I'm looking forward to seeing many of you face to face next week and continuing the conversations here where we can benefit from each other's perspectives and experiences.

Ngā mihi nui

nā Esther

Join this group to contribute to discussions.