Search

Procurement

• Public
Started by Fraser 20 Aug 2013 2:17pm () Replies (7)

Hi All,

We are just investigating the purchase of devices. So far I have had recommendations to puchase from Norrcom or Cyclone as Google approved suppliers. From what I can gather, this is for best compatibility with school networks and the management console. Have also been advised to pay the $30 per device for the management console.

I also wondered if anyone had experience of using AOG (all of government contracts) for purchasing through MOE endorsed suppliers. I had heard that this can mean a cheaper purchase price? Any experience or clarification on these points appreciated. Thanks

Replies

• Catriona Pene (View all users posts) 21 Aug 2013 7:38am ()

Really impressed with my first experience of using a Chromebook in a school recently, light, portable, simple to use. Lead me to think about purchasing one for my son to replace his iPad mini as a BYOD device.

So if I was looking to buy a single device for my son to use as a BYOD device for year 9 next year, how much would one cost me, would I need to buy anything apartfrom the device, what will this cost me and is it even possible to buy single devices as a parent yet?

Tim - what level are your students and how are they using the devices in class?

: ) 

Join this group to contribute to discussions.