Search

Introducing...the Southern community online

• Public
Started by Tessa Gray 19 Aug 2013 9:30pm () Replies (11)

Welcome to the Leading Effective e-Learning group for the Southern region.

It is envisioned that this group will become a central hub for a community of like-minded educators - focused on growing e-learning leadership, to impact change for our priority learners.

Here, we can extend face-to-face events and provide a central space to sustain connections;

• to grow e-leadership in online communities
  • to connect schools and regions to the national Enabling eLearning hub
  • to engage schools in the VLN and other online professional learning communities

Megaphone

You might like to take a few moments to introduce yourself,
tell us where you're from, share a photo or your mihi and your role as an e-leader. This is a great way to establish and connect a community online, so we'd love to hear from you. 

Replies

• Tessa Gray (View all users posts) 19 Aug 2013 10:06pm ()

Kia ora again, here's a little bit about me...

• Anne Kenneally  (View all users posts) 20 Aug 2013 11:22am ()

Kia ora, here's a little bit about me...

Audio recording and upload >>

I am a blended e-learning facilitator.  I come to this role from Deputy Principal of a full-primary and have teaching experience across the primary levels.  I have recently completed my Masters of Educational Leadership and am working my way through my Masters of e-learning.  I am absolutely passionate about flexible learning spaces, mobile devices, collaboration, blogging and blended learning.  

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 30 Aug 2013 1:14pm ()

Kia ora

If you can bear it you can watch my little two minute video that I made recently.

Also my Launch Me page is here https://sites.google.com/site/allanahking/ It's a work in progress as I get a spare minute to jolly it up!!

Cheers

• Anaru White (View all users posts) 30 Aug 2013 2:34pm ()

Nei rā te mihi matakuikui ki a koutou katoa.

Hi I'm Anaru White. I live in Christchurch and I am a Blended e-Learning facilitator. I work alongside kura, schools and communities of learners to enhance outcomes through lifting and sustaining e-capability.

Screen Shot 2013-08-30 at 2.36.16 PM.png

Ko Taranaki te maunga. Ko Waitara te awa.

• Gerard Macmanus (View all users posts) 04 Sep 2013 1:30pm ()

Greetings, my Name is Gerard MacManus, I work at St Bede's College in Christchurch, before that was 8 years at Papatoetoe High School. I am a Southlander at heart, Invercargill will always for me be home.

Role as an e-leader, I guess it comes with me, I have always been an ICT innovator, introducing GAFE, live@edu,myportfolio and seeing where things were going to head. I guess with the N4L and schools getting SNUP'd and with mobile computing becoming a part of day to days lives now, e-leaders are needed to guide, assist and develop with not just the teachers within their own school but online as well. I am a Digital Technologies teacher who thinks differently. 

I have been part of educamp's for a while and see the benefit of teachers sharing experiences, this needs to happen more. 

Role as an e-leader, difficult to define...

e-leadership is no different from any other form of effective leadership ;except that in e-leadership you have no option but to be very good at it. It requires a high level of transformational leadership because of the highly participative nature of the e-world between e-organisations and e-customers and the interconnectedness between leader and follower with the ever-increasing reality of the blurred lines between the two. http://www.metafuture.org/articlesbycolleagues/RobertBurke/eleadership.htm

I guess sometimes I feel like this when it comes to being an e-leader

Closeup

yet when you step back, you see the bigger picture

step back   

I look forward to ths conversations on this group. 

• Tessa Gray (View all users posts) 04 Sep 2013 4:14pm ()

imageHi all Smile, it has been great reading through everyone's mihi and introductions. I can see the potential for this group to grow - both online and off. Probably mostly online - as this region is very very wide spread, as beautiful as it is.

Great to know we don't have to travel too far to make contact!  Smile

• Janelle Riki (View all users posts) 05 Sep 2013 10:28am ()

Ngā mihi nui ki a koutou katoa.  He uri au o Taunui waka. Nō Whaingaroa ahau. E noho ana au ki Ōtautahi.  Ko Janelle Riki tōku ingoa.

Kia ora tatou.  My name is Janelle Riki and I am the Team Leader for the South Blended e-Learning team.  Here is a bit of an intro to my whānau!

What rocks my boat?

The opportinity the e-Learning allows our priority learners access to the knowledge and success highway!  I am passionate about support Māori learners to be successful as Māori and about school's engaging with whānau to provide the best possible school community for our tamariki.  I LOVE e-tools and the way that they engage our tamariki.

Really looking forward to sharing in this space!

Ngā mihi ki a koutou!

• Shane Buckner (View all users posts) 03 Oct 2013 10:40am ()

Tènà koutou katoa.
    E rere taku manu ki te tihi o Aoraki
    Rere iho taku manu mà te awa o Waimakariri
    Tau ana taku manu ki te whenua o Waitaha
    No Poneke ahau ...
    Engari, inaianei e noho ana ahau kei Òtautahi.
    Nò Motueka me Mataura òku tìpuna
    Ko Sarah Wylie taku wahine
    Ko Samuel ràua ko Toby àku tamariki
    Ko te tumuaki ahau i te kura tuatahi o Wairakei School
    Ko Shane Buckner tòku ingoa
    Nà reira tènà koutou, tènà koutou, tènà tàtou katoa.

I am looking forward to being part of the Hereora Cluster DLT contract with Emily and Janelle facilitating any PLD we do both as a school and a cluster.

• Kate Friedwald (View all users posts) 03 Oct 2013 6:09pm ()

Kia ora

I'm Kate Olliff, e-learning leader at Wairakei School.  Along with Shane (above) i'm looking forward to working with Emily, Janelle and the Hereora Cluster.  I'm interested in all things e-learning and really focused on using these technologies to make a difference for our learners.

A short video made by my students showing how we have been using iPads in the classroom.

• Kathy Baker (View all users posts) 03 Oct 2013 10:27pm ()

Nei rā te mihi ki a koutou. Ko wai au? Ko Kathy Baker tōku ingoa. He whaea, he kaiako ōku pukenga engari he akonga tonu au. Who am I? My name is Kathy Baker. I am a grandmother and a teacher, however I am still a learner. I look forward to our collaborative journey.

Tōku Whānau

Join this group to contribute to discussions.