Search

Introducing...the Central North community online

• Public
Started by Tessa Gray 19 Aug 2013 9:28pm () Replies (23)

Welcome to the Leading Effective e-Learning group for the Central North region.

It is envisioned that this group will become a central hub for a community of like-minded educators - focused on growing e-learning leadership, to impact change for our priority learners.

Here, we can extend face-to-face events and provide a central space to sustain connections;

• to grow e-leadership in online communities
  • to connect schools and regions to the national Enabling eLearning hub
  • to engage schools in the VLN and other online professional learning communities

Megaphone

You might like to take a few moments to introduce yourself,
tell us where you're from, share a photo or your mihi and your role as an e-leader. This is a great way to establish and connect a community online, so we'd love to hear from you. 

Replies

• Barbara Reid (View all users posts) 19 Aug 2013 9:51pm ()

Kia ora. 

Ko Pirongia te maunga

Ko Waipa te awa

No Waikato ahau

Ko Barbara Reid taku ingoa.  

Screen Shot 2013-08-19 at 9.49.38 PM.png

Blended eLearning facilitator based in Hamilton working for the University of Waikato, under the umbrella of Te Toi Tupu. 

• Tessa Gray (View all users posts) 19 Aug 2013 10:09pm ()

Thanks for sharing Barbara, silly me, I just about forgot to introduce myself...

• Leigh Hynes (View all users posts) 23 Aug 2013 1:50pm ()

Ko Ruapehu te maunga

Ko Mangawhero te awa

Ko Leigh Hynes taku ingoa

I am a blended learning facilitator, too.

View Click on "My mountain, my river" blue markers. in a larger map

• Julie Carle (View all users posts) 26 Aug 2013 9:50am ()

Hi my name is Julie Carle and I live at the Mount. I am an eLearning consultant /contractor and held the position of eLearning Advisor-Trainer at the BoP Polytechnic until March this year. Most of my work was with developing blended and elearning capability with staff, where I was particularly involved in Moodle and myportfolios. I am looking forward to learning from and contributing to this community.

Smile

• Julie Tumarae (View all users posts) 26 Aug 2013 8:27pm ()

Ko Maataatua toku waka

Ko Rangitaiki toku awa

Ko Tawhiuau toku maunga

Ko Ngati Manawa toku iwi

Ko Julie Tumarae ahau

I am fortunate to be part of the ICT team at Murupara Area School in the Bay of Plenty.  We are a new school as of February 2013.  We are on the journey of developing effective elearning pedagogy including growing elearning leadership that impacts positively on student achievement.  I am thrilled and excited about joining this group and look forward to taking part in this community forum.

No reira, Tena koutou katoa

• mary jamieson (View all users posts) 03 Sep 2013 5:30pm ()

Kia Ora everyone.  My name is Mary Jamieson and I am a Blended eLearning Facilitator based in Tauranga. I'm looking forward to talking with you in our online space!

• Tessa Gray (View all users posts) 04 Sep 2013 2:31pm ()

Welcome everyone, including Julie and Julie, what a varied and talented mix of e-learning, teaching and leadership experience here. I can see this is going to make for some invigorating conversations online and off.

I'm also interested to see how this conversation @ Barriers to learning with technology is going to grow as well. Thank you Julie Carle and Rick for your responses to Melissa so far.

Does anyone else have a view on barriers to implementing e-learning in schools?

• Mike Thornley (View all users posts) 05 Sep 2013 9:34am ()

Hi there, My name is Mike Thornley and I have been Deputy Principal at Maeroa Intermediate for 5 weeks and 2 days. So very new! I have a passion for e-learning, so I am in partnership with our e learning director looking at ways for increasing the use of different devices in the classroom  and supporting our teachers to try new and exciting things with elearning.

• Kathryn Munro (View all users posts) 05 Sep 2013 9:41am ()

Hi 

My name is Kathryn Munro. I am ICT Manager and Scale A teacher at Taumarunui Primary. I have been here for 5 years and been teaching for nigh on 20years. I love ICT and use it extensively in the classroom. Our school has just been on a huge infrastructure journey - we've been SNUPPED, signed up to Ultra Fast and purchased 36 laptops and 18 IPADS all in the last 6 months!!!

I am very self taught when it comes to IT but learn quickly. However, I am sure I will be asking many "dumb" questions.

Anyway - thanks for having me. I look forward to our further journey together.

• Leigh Hynes (View all users posts) 05 Sep 2013 10:10am ()

Welcome, welcome, Kathryn!  Great to see you in here.

• Kassey Downard (View all users posts) 05 Sep 2013 5:51pm ()

Ki Ora,

My name is Kassey Downard. I am a beginning teacher in my second year. I currently teach a year 7/8 digital class at Mokoia Intermediate. In my class I have 24 laptops, 1 desktop computer and 1 Ipad.

I love ICT and I pick up new technology very fast. I am an active blogger and will try anything in my classroom once. I look forward to networking with new people and seeing what awesome ideas I can hitchhike from and implement for my students.

• Ra Ellingham (View all users posts) 09 Sep 2013 10:44am ()

Hi Kassey,

Love your blog. Great way to see your learning as an educator and inspiring for others. Have been keen to try out Minecraft but am lacking the class of experts. Definitley not going to get there on my own! Will live vicariously through your experience for a while while I try to figure out how to not dig myself into a hole.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.