Search

Multiple iTunes accounts

• Public
Started by oliviabrown 17 Aug 2013 7:14pm () Replies (6)

Hi everyone,

As I sit here on my Saturday night, getting increasingly frustrated with iTunes, I wonder if anyone can help me.

I'm attempting to set up 30 iPads on the VPP programme but first need to set up the basic iTunes accounts. All I need is two accounts but when it comes to setting up the second one it wont let me use the same credit card details as the first. Has anyone else found this problem?

Basically, as I'm sure most do, our school only has one credit card but we require two iTunes accounts... any ideas?

Thank you in advance!!

Olivia

Replies

• Sonya Van Schaijik (View all users posts) 20 Aug 2013 8:51pm ()

Hi Olivia,

http://newmarketipads.wikispaces.com/configurator

I have a PDF instruction sheet here that might help.

It includes graphics too.

All the best

• redbeard45 (View all users posts) 18 Aug 2013 11:26am ()

Just another couple of road blocks I thought of. After you have downloaded the Apps to the VPP and started to push them out to the iPads, I find it prevents messages coming up if you make sure you are logged into iTunes with the free Apps account (you probably will be anyway) and you are logged into the VPP site with your other Apple ID you used to purchase the Apps, AND DON"T FORGET, to go up to the Store menu in iTunes and authorize the computer you are using for downloading the free Apps!

• redbeard45 (View all users posts) 18 Aug 2013 11:14am ()

Hi Olivia,

There will be lots of ways of doing this and more experts on the forum than me, but this is the process I use which has worked in the 5 or so schools I have set up;

Create a main Apple ID for the Programme Manager's use or use the Principal's and set up the Programme Manager (which usually requires the Principal and their email to be involved to get the VPP approval)
    Create another Apple ID to use for downloading the free Apps (and I like to set up a separate email address within the school for this account as well - you need the email accounts for the initial verification)
    After setting up the Programme Manager account in the VPP (which requires a wait for this to be accepted)
    when this has been approved, assign the Programme Facilitators and set up this email which will be the one you are using for purchasing the VPP Apps.
    You THEN (within the VPP) create the Apple ID you will be using for the purchasing of Paid Apps. If you do it before, you will run into the problems you are describing.
    Some of my schools use a debit card, some banks won't allow schools to have a debit card and they use the Principal's or staff members. 
    When you do start to buy apps in the VPP, you will probably find after a few large purchases that the bank will shut the card down as the bank computers find this activity fits into their 'suspicious' category. You have to then ring them and tell them it is all legit. You could try warning them beforehand.

This is my way of getting things up and running, I'm sure others will have their way or correct me!
    I know how frustrating it can be when you get these frustrating messages or roadblocks and nothing makes sense. Keep at it, you will get there! Get back to me off topic if I can help further.
  • Enchante (View all users posts) 18 Aug 2013 10:51am ()

Your school has a credit card? Wish mine did. Have to use my own.

I use Credit Card for the VPP and then use itunes cards for the Itunes account.

• Klaris Philipson (View all users posts) 17 Aug 2013 7:19pm ()

If you are using VPP codes do you need a credit card?

You could set up a second one with no card attached. - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2534

Maybe an option..

K

Join this group to contribute to discussions.