Search

e-portfolios on an iPad

• Public
Started by Angela Scoullar 13 Aug 2013 1:13pm () Replies (12)

We are a BYOD primary school, using mainly iPads and we have been trialling using google sites as individual e-portfolios for the students in Year 7-8.  There have been a few hiccups with this, especially inserting more than one picture on to a page from a device.

What are others using to keep a digital portfolio / evidence / place to store work and share????  We are thinking about going back to Blogger but thought there may be some better options out there?

Thanks!!

Replies

• Christine Hansen (View all users posts) 14 Aug 2013 8:46am ()

Just using the free version.

• Sam Hamilton (View all users posts) 13 Aug 2013 10:28pm ()

Are you using the full version of evernote?  or will this work on th free version?

• Jaxdonald (View all users posts) 13 Aug 2013 7:12pm ()

We have a one to one iPad programme rolled out across our whole school. We use Google Drive to collaborate as staff, within classes and our local school cluster. We trialled Hapara Dashboard to assist with overall management of online student work and this is working well. The down side is it can't be edited or commented on for feedback, however if you log into a browser on the iPad it does provide a footnote version of the comments made.

We use blogger as a 'showcase' of student work rather than a 'portfolio.'

Netbook's are a cheap device to enable students to work online however iPads are better for creativity.

• Christine Hansen (View all users posts) 13 Aug 2013 6:50pm ()

We use it with our year 5/6/7/8 elearn students. See reply for Angela Scoullar above for how to upload imovies etc.

• Christine Hansen (View all users posts) 13 Aug 2013 6:48pm ()

In pages - go to the spanner - share and print -open in another app - choose format pages/pdf/word - choose app - choose evernote. I think keynote etc same - comic life - similar -spanner - - share or print - open in - tap - open in - again and gives options. With imovie put into camera roll - the kids then email it to themselves and then in email hold finger on it and it gives you options to open in other apps. This is what they do if they can't find a path and most things seem to turn up in Evernote. Kids don't tend to use google docs these days so not sure on that one.

• Sam Hamilton (View all users posts) 13 Aug 2013 4:02pm ()

Hi Christine,

What age are your students?

I am trialing evernote with my year 4/5/6 class and would love to discuss some ideas/logistics etc. e.g. how do you upload movies?

thanks!

• Angela Scoullar (View all users posts) 13 Aug 2013 4:00pm ()

Thanks Christine, trying Evernote now! Silly question, but we can't seem to find how to upload documents e.g. pages etc???  Are you able to give me a heads up please!  Also, do you know if you can upload from google drive? Thanks

Got it sorted!

• Angela Scoullar (View all users posts) 13 Aug 2013 3:59pm ()

Thanks for the comments already!  Yes we use the Google Drive app as well and it's great for sharing documents.  We also use Hapara Dashboard to view and share documents with the class easily (a great programme!).  I guess the downside of google drive for us is that it is limiting in the ability to share a range of sources e.g. video, photo and documents in a visual way.  Trying out Evernote now! Thanks!

• Klaris Philipson (View all users posts) 13 Aug 2013 2:34pm ()

I'm wondering why the student work can't be commented on?

i have shared folders with my students - they have individual folders but I have shared edit rights to all of their work. In the google drive app on iPad I can see their folders and make comment and edits as necessary.

i think it s a great solution as you can share other media also in their drive like images and video. 

• Brendon White (View all users posts) 13 Aug 2013 2:19pm ()

We use Google Drive to share student folders of work.  Teacher have access and can see it.  The down side is it can't be edited or commented on for feedback.  It works well for viewing.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.