Search

Storing music files/sound files

• Public
Started by Marion Kirby 09 Aug 2013 11:34am () Replies (8)

Wondering if anyone can recommend a cloud storage for music/sound files that they have successfully used and accessed from iPads?  We are looking into using it for our Ready to Read Readalong stories.  (We could put them in itunes but it uses up too much of our storage on our ipads) Thanks.

Replies

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 09 Aug 2013 12:44pm ()

I am not sure that that would be ethical- I'm not sure.

Here is the info page site on TKI

http://literacyonline.tki.org.nz/Literacy-Online/Teacher-needs/Instructional-Series/School-Journal/School-Journal-audio

Ways to use these MP3 files in the classroom

• Download the MP3 file and play it through your computer speakers.
    • Convert the MP3 files into CD files and create your own audio CDs.
    • Load MP3 files into portable players.

Audio content is copyright the named authors in the recordings.

Audio recordings are copyright Crown.

I read from that that you are welcome to download and use the audio on your portable device- your iPad.

You could link to the page.

But if you upload them somewhere else for on sharing would breach copyright!

Not 100% sure about that but that is what it seems like to me.

• Marion Kirby (View all users posts) 09 Aug 2013 1:08pm ()

Thanks Allanah for that.  Sorry I didn't make that very clear...I had no intention of sharing with the public - just wanted a place like sound cloud/drive where you can make private but access from a device within the school without actually having to use up storage on a device. 

• Eric Martini (View all users posts) 09 Aug 2013 1:07pm ()

...putting copyright and legal issues aside... you can use Google drive to store any type of file, and access it from any internet connected device..laptop, desktop, iOS and Android devices.

on the ipad download the the google drive app, you can upload and download files from the app.

For mp3 files as long as you have an audio player to play the file it'll work fine.

• Marion Kirby (View all users posts) 09 Aug 2013 1:22pm ()

Thanks Eric.  I did try with Google drive but the mp3 file wouldn't open in the Drive app.  I was probably just in too much of a hurry!  I will have another goSmile

• Eric Martini (View all users posts) 09 Aug 2013 2:46pm ()

Marion,

you will need an app to play the mp3 file... just download a free music player app.

In the Google drive app, click the mp3 file you want, then up the right hand corner click the "share" icon, and choose the music player app you have, and it should play.

• Marion Kirby (View all users posts) 10 Aug 2013 11:38am ()

Perfect :-) Thanks heaps Eric for your advice and for taking the time to read the posts on this forum... It is nice knowing that there is a place to go where there are so many people out there all willing to help each other.

• Robyn Easterbrook (View all users posts) 09 Aug 2013 7:39pm ()

You are right, Allanah :)

Join this group to contribute to discussions.