Search

iPad app to replace black teacher folder (primary school)?

• Public
Started by Monika Kern 07 Aug 2013 12:45pm () Replies (31)

Hello all,

one of my teachers would like to replace her black planning folder with an iPad app. She is looking for something that has the year view and individual days and lets her edit both - e.g. mark weeks of the term on the year view ("book week" or "camp" etc.) and put her daily planning into the day view. I hope this makes sense! She has looked around and not found anything suitable yet - any primary teacher out there who has sucessfully replaced their black folder? My teacher is happy to pay for the app but it's better to know beforehand if its worth it.

Many thanks in advance!

Replies

• Julie Mynes (View all users posts) 08 Aug 2013 4:54pm ()

Agree with Lorraine.  This app has been developing well and is something we are considering as a whole staff. We do use google docs for many things but found that as we couldn't attach plans to the planner we were still doing lots of double dipping.   The Planbook is worth considering  :-)

• Julie Mynes (View all users posts) 08 Aug 2013 9:38pm ()

Fantastic, thanks Rob.   Love using spreadsheets - agree, its amazing what you can do with them.  Saw something similar to this on the Apple Bus Tour a few years back, think it was at Selwyn Ridge.   Very organised.  Thanks for sharing it - will definitely reconsider using it for my planning.  Your template is great!

Join this group to contribute to discussions.