Search

Deploying ipads through apple configurator

• Public
Started by Hazel Smith 31 Jul 2013 3:23pm () Replies (5)

I have read alot of the info on VPP and apple configurator.

Just wanted to know if anyone has found the new version of apple configurator any better?

We are about to deploy our new ipads using it. 

Replies

• redbeard45 (View all users posts) 01 Aug 2013 9:49am ()

Hi Hazel,

I struck problems when I upgraded at one school but have just set up two schools using Configurator over the break using the new version 1.3 with very few hassles. Contact me off group if you want some assistance.

• Graeme Hood (View all users posts) 31 Jul 2013 11:00pm ()

No idea now sorry - just phoned the support no. and asked to speak to someone in enterprise team (they deal with configurator issues). You may have no choice now if you haven't previously downloaded v1.2

• Hazel Smith (View all users posts) 31 Jul 2013 7:38pm ()

Thanks for that.

I have a brand new Imac which is running OS X 10.8.......I have had to download Apple configurator 1.3

Do you have the contact details for the apple expert so i can get some advice?

Cheers

Hazel

• Graeme Hood (View all users posts) 31 Jul 2013 3:38pm ()

I spoke with an apple expert from the enterprise team about another issue I was having with Conf (now easily fixed) and asked about upgrading to the new version. He said not to upgrade, especially if are not running OS 10.8 on your computer.

I am still using 1.2.1 and despite a small problem every now and then, is generally well behaved and will do all that we want.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.