Search

Who decided your current school BYOD policy?

• Public
Started by RosL 08 Jul 2013 4:34pm () Replies (3)

Given the range of BYOD/BYOB approaches being adopted by schools, I am curious to know how other schools arrived at their decision about which, if any, BYOD approach to take.  I am particularly interested in secondary schools with a roll of over 1000 students.  I'd be grateful for any feedback loosely based on the questions below:   

Have you made a decision to go down the BYOD path yet or, if not, are you currently investigating your options?
If you have decided, was that decision made by a single person, a committee, Senior Management team or another group of people?
Did it involve any consultation - with students, staff and/or the wider community?
Did you find any compelling evidence/research that swayed you in one direction or another? 
Anything in particular that swayed you in one direction or another - eg policy of contributing schools, technical resources available etc.

Thanks for any feedback.

Ros Lee
ICT/Digital Learning Support Manager
Otumoetai College
Tauranga

Replies

• Lorraine Vickery (View all users posts) 08 Jul 2013 7:13pm ()

We are just starting wriitng our policies. We intend to start with a Y9 group next year. We have looked at Orewa College policies and Papanui High. The decision was made by the E-Lead team and taken to the BOT. With advent of SNUP and wireless schol wide it just made sense to everyone as the way forward. We used the SAMR model to support our pedagogy.

Lorraine

• Campbell (View all users posts) 09 Jul 2013 9:19am ()

Hi All

eTV attended and recorded sessions form the latest BYOD conference at Orewa College. These videos are available free to all schools in New Zealand as part of the eTV library within www.etv.org.nz 

Any school can have access to the free service of eTV by simply going their and siging up. Then they can see the Orewa presentations. 

hope this helps further

regards

Campbell

Manager Learning Resources

eTV

Join this group to contribute to discussions.