Search

Syncing iPhoto and iMovie from ipad to MacBook

• Public
Started by Teresa 01 Jul 2013 9:08pm () Replies (7)

Just wondering if anyone can help... We are using configurator- latest version. When we connect our iPads to our MacBooks through the USB cable, the ipads wont sync with iphoto or imovie? The files are obviously too large to email and we haven't had any luck with dropbox. Our technician tells us that he hasnt got the answer??? There must be a way. Any ideas? Cheers

Replies

• Elizabeth K (View all users posts) 02 Jul 2013 10:40am ()

iMovie - Get staff to export iMovie projects to Camera Roll or iTunes.  Then plug this iPad into the computer you run Apple Configurator on.  Either open up iPhoto and upload that way (if sent to Camera Roll),  or open up iTunes, Under Apps, scroll down and click on iMovie.  You should see the files here. Drag and drop to your desktop.  iMovie Trailers you need to get staff to export to Camera Roll (the file isn't recognisable on a Mac computer and can't be imported into iMovie).  I've then put projects on a pen drive and given back to staff.  It is a bit of a pain, but with Supervised iPads this is the only way I've found of getting the projects off manually.  Otherwise get staff to sent to YouTube, vimeo....

• Teresa (View all users posts) 02 Jul 2013 4:21pm ()

Thanks for that. So it's not easy... Come on Apple!

• redbeard45 (View all users posts) 02 Jul 2013 6:55pm ()

You can also email the completed movies to a class email account but the quality is reduced. Depends on what you want it for / quality needed. Depending on whether they are class or school iPads, I think having a class or similar email on an ipad is essential to get all sorts of things off the iPad. Children's efforts can be emailed to teacher's email for printing, etc

• Carol Kendall (View all users posts) 02 Jul 2013 8:00pm ()

We have purchased the Photo Transfer app ($4.19, and half that price on the VPP). It does a great job of transferring video files (and multiple photos) from the Camera Roll. Easy to use, and you can transfer files between devices (they each have to have the app) or a device and a Mac or Windows computer (using a web browser, or they now have an app you can download onto your computer if you wish - I just use the browser). You may have problems getting it to work through a proxy server, but check it on your network with one copy first.

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 02 Jul 2013 9:26pm ()

I am thinking that you could use something like Photo Transfer on your iPad for transfering video and photos from the Camera Roll.

https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/photo-transfer-app-easily/id365152940?mt=8

It transfers photos over to another iPad or Windows or Apple laptop pretty effortlessly- you put a URL into your browser and away you go.

I just moved 70 photos including a couple of couple of minute long videos wirelessly to my laptop and the transfer was pretty quick.

To speed things up even more if you have an Apple you can download the application from the Apple App store and connect the two so there is no longer any need to put a web address into the browser.

https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/photo-transfer-app/id509182449?mt=12

Cheers

Allanah

• Teresa (View all users posts) 04 Jul 2013 10:47am ()

Thank you so much! The photo transfer app is great. I can recommend it for larger files. Still not as easy as plugging the ipad into the macbook but better than dropbox or email. 

Join this group to contribute to discussions.