Search

The golden rules for your school's elearning strategy

• Public
Started by Enabling e-Learning 01 Aug 2011 1:13pm () Replies (6)

The Mindshift blog (which I highly recommend) has shared a post on the 7 Golden Rules for Using Technology in School. Ranging from the importance of professional development, to where you might find the technology in the building, it makes an interesting list.

If we were to suggest a golden rule - a guiding principle, if you like - to support leaders develop their elearning/ICT school strategy, what would it be?

Replies

• Moana Timoko (View all users posts) 28 Feb 2012 9:59pm ()

TECH TOOLS ARE NOT JUST A PASSING FAD - Taken from the 7 golden rules mentioned above.  This is very real for me now...and also for my 3 children aged 12, 5 and 3.  I have recently been given an iphone as a work phone, and was encouraged to let my children play with it....and play with it they have.  At first I was thinking um...they're going to get square eyes...the invisible supersonic transmitting waves are going to damage their precious little bodies and brains!!!  I've woken up to the reality that Tech tools are not just a passing fad and that my children need to learn how to use these tools so that they are prepared for the tools of the future!  I've only woken up because I was given a very impressive tool and am able to share this tool in a very little way with my children...and my five year old taught me how to use it after becoming fascinated with the iphone that an aunty so kindly let her play with.  Access to the tools is a concern for my children in their schools.  Some of the computers I see in their classroom spaces look ancient and seem to be under ultilised...why... because they're not being used.  So do schools work through a process of upgrading to the next thing that comes along...follow suit...from an ancient desktop, to a newer version, to a lap top..to an ipad???  Just a few examples...or do we take the jump and plan to buy the latest thing out there...and just go go go!!!  ACCESSING THE TOOLS IS A BIGGY FOR ME!  

Join this group to contribute to discussions.

e-Learning: Leadership

e-Learning: Leadership

Exploring leadership for change, vision, policy and strategy that integrates ICTs into learning.