Search

West Coast e-learning PD??????

• Public
Started by justin hickey 20 Jun 2013 10:54pm () Replies (3)

Hello pepole. Does anybody know how I could access any e-learning professional development for staff working at schools on the West Coast of the South Island? There is a dynamic and willing group of teachers who would love a leg-up onto to the e-learning platform.

Regards,

Justin

Replies

• Madeline Campbell (View all users posts) 20 Jun 2013 11:16pm ()

Hi Justin,

I'm based at Westland high in Hokitika, I'm on study leave this year. My key focus presently is eLearning, I have a variety of skills and experiences, what are you after? I'm part of the VPLD project, am doing a masters in teaching with an ict focus, and am part of a nation wide research project thru Otago university exploring knowledge building pedagogy etc. I teach a class via vc thru Westnet, am very familiar with elearningplanning framework, models for understanding teachers use of ict, and am heavily into pedagogy leading ict integration and blended teaching and learning. And I'm free and keen to share and support. Am also an sct and am part of a ementor development project... madelinejcampbell@ gmail.com
  • Karen Spencer (View all users posts) 21 Jun 2013 10:14am ()

Kia ora Justin,

To add to Madeline's wonderful response, I'm not sure if you are looking for formal, whole school support or something more informal. The Ministry of Education Blended e-Learning team work across the country in schools who have applied for e-learning PD. It's managed via your regional Ministry office and the information and contacts are in this link > http://elearning.tki.org.nz/Professional-learning/Professional-development/e-Learning-PD

On another note, you made a good step posting here. While it's not the same as face-to-face, you'll be able to access a whole bunch of schools, colleagues and contacts via Enabling e-Learnng groups and the wider VLN. Here to help!

Stay in touch:)

Ngā mihi.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.