Search

Setting up a school with Google Apps - first steps!

• Public
Started by Melissa Grant 14 Jun 2013 1:47pm () Replies (23)

Hi Google App users!

I'm about to set a school up and have heard there are a few teething problems if you don't work through the set up process correctly.  My one question at this stage is:  When I send the domain name over to Google for verification and this is approved does google mail immediately start working and therefore the teachers lose their outlook mail flow and have to immediately start using google mail?

Replies

• dorothyjburt (View all users posts) 07 Aug 2013 10:52am ()

@Cheryl re email:  In our cluster of 11 GAFE Schools there are a wide range of Mail clients in use.  Our cluster staff access gmail in Apple Mail, Outlook, through a variety of browsers etc.  It 'just works'.

@anjela and others commenting on kids/teachers moving their content as lifelong learners.  We have found a simple solution.  Create a folder >share the folder with your new Google Account > dump all docs in the shared folder(select all >move) > change folder ownership to the new account

We have found that students from Year 5-13 can do this themselves - haven't tried with younger kids yet.

Teachers Dashboard, including Remote Control, was designed simply to solve a number of the problems in this thread :)

Dorothy

Join this group to contribute to discussions.