Search

Setting up a school with Google Apps - first steps!

• Public
Started by Melissa Grant 14 Jun 2013 1:47pm () Replies (23)

Hi Google App users!

I'm about to set a school up and have heard there are a few teething problems if you don't work through the set up process correctly.  My one question at this stage is:  When I send the domain name over to Google for verification and this is approved does google mail immediately start working and therefore the teachers lose their outlook mail flow and have to immediately start using google mail?

Replies

• annerotorua (View all users posts) 06 Apr 2014 7:34pm ()

Our advice - highly recommend you use Google Apps for Education in conjunction with Hapara Teacher Dashboard - makes it so much easier to manage.

We had a hiccup at the start with setting up our GAFE account as we were assigned a Google Apps for Business trial ( despite thinking we had registered for Google Apps for Education) so do check that you have the right kind of account.

Have received fantastic support from both Hapara and Google. In case you don't know Google have a support line in NZ ph 09 915 0981. You need a pin to get support from the Google Helpline - see the support section under your google admin login for details re pin.

Enjoy using Google Apps. It is fantastic.

Anne

Join this group to contribute to discussions.