Search

iPad v PC

• Public
Started by Caroline Bush 12 Jun 2013 12:50pm () Replies (3)

Hi all

Anyone know if there are any issues with minecraft games  collaborating  between a PC and an iPad? I have a student with minecraft on his iPad but his parents would also like to have it on their PC so that the other children in the family can use the game together - all ideas gratefully recieved 

Cheers

Caro

Replies

• Monika Kern (View all users posts) 12 Jun 2013 12:57pm ()

Hi Caro,

I have quizzed my expert at home extensively about Minecraft. To the best of my knowledge there is no option to collaborate between the different versions on different platforms (PC and iPad or raspberry pi or xbox). My expert tells me that the PC premium version - approx. NZ$32 - is the only way to go (we have all the above versions... you may call me push-over-motherlol). While on the same wifi all three of my boys will at times play together in the same world on three devices in the pocket edition. We have also recently downloaded an app Multiplayer PE (I think this was free) which allows players on different wifi networks to play together.

Probably not the answer they were hoping for, sorry!

• Stephen Lethbridge (View all users posts) 17 Jun 2013 11:25am ()

I concur with Monika - you can have networked iPads on a wireless network but only iPads. The way to go is laptop/desktop only. Perhaps in the future there may be more integration. Havent checked about Chromebooks though!

Stephen

Join this group to contribute to discussions.