Search

Teacher dashboards

• Public
Started by Rebecca Ronald 31 May 2013 2:32pm () Replies (5)

Hi all, 

We are looking at how to extend out capability within a netbook classroom, around being able to see at a glance what students are working on and where they're at. So..I'm wondering what other teachers are using? We are using a range of online tools - Google apps as well as Moodle and other independent online and local tools. We're also keen to visit any schools near the Coromandel Peninsual who are using any sort of teacher dashboard.

Replies

• Chris Swanwick (View all users posts) 31 May 2013 2:39pm ()

Sounds like you need Harpara if you are down the track with GAFE. I don't know of any others. 

About 7 or 8 years ago when I was back in the UK teaching, we used quite a powerful, nifty interface called 'Imperio Console'. This was extremely useful in LAN wired computer labs. Not sure if they've moved on into the world of wireless networking and mobile devices. Might be worth a look. http://www.imperosoftware.com/classroommanagement.aspx

Not sure if that's been helpful or not, but I'm sure someone will be along soon to provide a bit more guidance :D 

• Suskya Goodall (View all users posts) 31 May 2013 6:11pm ()

Hey Rebecca, 

This year Raroa began using Hapara Teacher Dashboard. We've found it helpful in sending, managing and communicating information with students in our classes and throughout the school. We're currently running PD to develop our feedback potential, which is because of our use of Hapara.

Although I'm in Wellington and just started with our teacher dashboard journey, I'd be happy to email or Skype if you want more information from our perspective. I'm suskya@gmail.com if you want to get in touch.

Good luck. :)

• Peter Holmstead (View all users posts) 01 Jun 2013 4:05pm ()

Hi Rebecca

I also began using Hapara this year after a short trial in Term 4 2012. It's doing all I need at this stage, and as they are gradually adding features it should be futureproof.  Being able to go onto a piece of work and add to it as students work, and being able to message students, is the most useful feature. Only blends with Google Apps at this stage, I believe.

I'm still exploring the capabilities.

Peter

• Andrew de Wit (View all users posts) 02 Jun 2013 4:58pm ()

Hi, we have been using Hapara, Teacher Dashboard since February and find it excellent for providing over site of students accounts, posting templates, learning activities out and providing feedback. Sadly I really like having the ability to do things from home, mark competed work etc. I also find it really helpful when a needing to access students work, when sharing or presenting.

We used it to defiles organise students accounts, and deploy our E Portfolio (a google site). Was very easy using the admin console.

It is the central pice of our BYOD as it works on all types of devices.

All our students know what we can access and this has kept the school accounts very much school accounts rather than social arenas.

Well worth the cost in my books and although not offering quite as much as the Ultranets or Knowledge Nets, way cheaper and getting pretty close.

Andrew de Wit

Mangaroa School

Join this group to contribute to discussions.