Search

Up loading videos for viewing

• Public
Started by Heather Harper 30 May 2013 3:22pm () Replies (6)

Has anyone got any good ideas how we can get people to upload videos to a place where they then can be viewed and evaluated? I am hoping to run a competition via a website where students from other schools can register and then create a video that matches a set of criteria. I want them to be able to upload the video to a private area, I can view the video and see that they have met the criteria and then publish the videos on the website.

Is there an easy way of doing this? Do a create a You tube account and give the  details out to it once they register? The videos will be very short. 

Replies

• Grant Peacock (View all users posts) 30 May 2013 6:25pm ()

Dropbox or the like could be used for thus purpose. Once approved you could
    then upload to a YouTube account for general viewing.

• Heather Harper (View all users posts) 31 May 2013 2:38pm ()

Thanks Grant and Karen. Most appreciated and will look into this option.

• Karen Spencer (View all users posts) 31 May 2013 1:47pm ()

Yes, I would have said the same as Grant. To upload their videos anywhere they will need their own account with some cloud-based software platform. They could choose to share with you via unlisted YouTube video (if they use that channel) or, as Grant says, via Dropbox or similar file-sharing site.

• Roxy Hickman (View all users posts) 31 May 2013 3:40pm ()

I have used Google Drive successfully for uploading and sharing videos. Then you can embed them straight into a webpage once you approve them. If you use the "anyone with the link can view" privacy option then only those who have access to the website have access to the videos. 

• Jenny She (View all users posts) 07 Jul 2013 6:40pm ()

Hi there!

Vimeo is a good platform where you can upload videos and get people to leave comments etc.  The good thing about Vimeo is that you can watch the full vioeo using ipads.  Youtube is another channel that you can use.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.

e-Learning: Technologies

e-Learning: Technologies

Where we explore how different technologies can support learning.