Search

Principal ePortfolios

• Public
Started by DiWilkes 28 May 2013 1:26pm () Replies (7)

I have a query that has come up in discussion with principals in primary schools around ePortfolios.  What are the thoughts around having a public ePortfolio?  What is the value of this?  How do some keep it private?  What are the benefits of making it public?  Can MyPortfolio be made private?  Any thoughts or comments would be welcome, thank you.

Replies

• DiWilkes (View all users posts) 28 May 2013 2:00pm ()

Thanks for your thoughts Greag and Nicole.  I am learning more about MyPortfolio and some of my principals are liking how you can make some pages private and some pages public or share with specific groups or individuals.  I think this will be a good transition space.  I agree that there is nothing wrong with making your thinking and learning public and that leaders are role modelling for teachers and learners but as Greg highlighted some professional goals, reflections or artifacts are items we may like to keep private, for a time anyways.  Anything to do with appraisal, goal setting and attestation are areas where some feel more comfortable sharing it with specific individuals or keeping it to themselves.  I suppose, in the end, it is all about what content is in one's eP which determines the nature of its sharability!

Join this group to contribute to discussions.

e-Learning: Leadership

e-Learning: Leadership

Exploring leadership for change, vision, policy and strategy that integrates ICTs into learning.