Search

Principal ePortfolios

• Public
Started by DiWilkes 28 May 2013 1:26pm () Replies (7)

I have a query that has come up in discussion with principals in primary schools around ePortfolios.  What are the thoughts around having a public ePortfolio?  What is the value of this?  How do some keep it private?  What are the benefits of making it public?  Can MyPortfolio be made private?  Any thoughts or comments would be welcome, thank you.

Replies

• Fiona McNeill (View all users posts) 02 Jul 2013 5:20am ()

I love the analogy you have made here Hazel.  We have been trialling with E- portfolio for some time now with quite a few back stage projects underway and some abandoned.  This year we have taken the step to develop a literacy initiative and have invited a range of schools to participate.  The outcomes have been recorded and shared in My Portfolio.  The response has been excellent as the initiative has been shared within the local group and is beginning to move out nationally.  Having confidence to have go and seeing a need within our school, identified through our strategic planning, has been the driver.  You also need a person with the drive to motivate others and a commitment to the initiative being developed.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.

e-Learning: Leadership

e-Learning: Leadership

Exploring leadership for change, vision, policy and strategy that integrates ICTs into learning.