Search

Number of posts

• Public
Started by Suzie Vesper 26 May 2013 3:04pm () Replies (4)

Hi all. Just a thought about the number of blog posts suggested for when you are the lead blog. I don't think I can maintain a blog post a day in our Year 7/8 class with so many other disruptions to our week such as technology, winter sport etc.  Could we take the pressure off and set a minimum of a couple of posts? Students could still go through and comment on previous blog posts as well as the those posted during the week. What do people think?

Replies

• Susan Feron (View all users posts) 26 May 2013 5:29pm ()

There is no way my class could do more than two posts a week and a comment.  11 periods out at other classes makes for a very stressed home room teacher wondering how to fit everything in.  This week I am giving the class the timetable and work for the and challenging them to put together the jigsaw.

All part of the move to self directed, modern learning with inquiry and byod.  Unfortunately I have a core group of parents who think school was fine 30 years ago and dosnt need to be any different  now.   The joys of isolated, rural schooling with families who have  been in the area for 150 years.   They have very little idea of what is going on in schools elsewhere.   and now I want to make byod tablet or ipad compulsory.  I insisted with the principal that all teachers attend the l@s roadshow last term.   Now I have 3 more teachers wanting byod.  I think we need to do a huge pour campaign with the community.   If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful.   We have all the infrastructure and policies set up.   Just need upskilled teachers and community that is prepared to support. 

Right time to end Sunday avo dreams. 

Looking forward to blogging this week. 

Susan

• Suzie Vesper (View all users posts) 31 May 2013 4:05pm ()

Cool - we've adapted the guidelines now so that they just say to blog as often as you can. This helps out those of us with pressured timetables!

• Gabe.H (View all users posts) 07 Jun 2013 12:09pm ()

Really great to see comments from students from other schools on my kids blogs. No action at all from my class this week as I have been away with the flu. Back on board and ready to go next week.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.