Search

Getting to know each other.

As we are coming together, from working in a range of projects, for the hui, it would be great to start getting to know each other before we meet face to face.

How about introducing yourself and saying what you are passionate about in relation to education.

Replies

• Leigh Hynes (View all users posts) 30 May 2013 11:17am ()

Kia ora to everyone.  I am Leigh Hynes.  Long time teacher and now a Blended Learning Facilitator working on the Blended Learning project to help build schools' capacity for e-learning.  This is my third year as a member of the VPLD and it certainly has transformed my life.  Such an exciting time to be in education!  

• Margot McKeegan (View all users posts) 30 May 2013 1:25pm ()

Hi I'm Margot McKeegan working for CORE education as Blended e-learning facilitator based in Christchurch and also working for GCSN (Greater ChCh Schools Network) leading the Pegasus digital devices project -where we have a 1 to 4 ratio of devices which is enables schools to support their students learning. 

11 Pegasus teachers are here - chat to them about how they have managed the journey of deploying a number of devices and how the excitment and learning has changed.

• Lynda Walsh-Pasco (View all users posts) 30 May 2013 2:39pm ()

Kia Ora, I'm Lynda Walsh-Pasco and I teach L2 and 3 PE via VC to students throughout NZ. I am from Sunny Central Otago- Roxburgh. I am  Senior Dean there and look after our new Learning Centre.Lynda

• Tara Fagan (View all users posts) 30 May 2013 2:40pm ()

Talofa Lava, Kia Ora Ko Tara Fagan tāku ingoa.  I am a proud Cantabrian having been born there and where  my extended whānau live.  As a youngster, I lived in lots of towns in the South Island and had three years in Samoa where I attended Intermediate and College which was a fanastic experience.  Wellington is where I am currently based and will be home for the next couple of years.

I am a Digi-Advisor working for CORE Education.  Along with being a Digi-Advisor, I am online faciliator and professional learning faciliator - so quite a busy and diverse role which I love Smile

Sorry I can't be with you on Thursday and I look forward to catching up with you all on Friday.

• Madeline Campbell (View all users posts) 30 May 2013 4:44pm ()

Hello everyone, I'm Madeline Campbell, presently on study leave made possible with a Teach NZ study award. I'm doing papers towards an MTchg, using the data from a Knowledge Building Communities research project (TLRI funded) that I am in the second year of, both through Otago University. I'm part of the developing mentors VPLD programme group, and am working with 4 PRTs working in schools on the West Coast of the South Island. I'm also teaching one class, my video conference level 3 art history class. Whew. Tired! 

• Merryn Dunmill (View all users posts) 30 May 2013 9:56pm ()

Kia ora koutou. Talofa lava. Merryn Dunmill here working in both VPLD and Digi Advisor programmes with all you lovely people. Feeling very lucky to be learning from/with you.

I live in Sumner, Christchurch and enjoyed a light dusting of snow on Tuesday. 

Enjoying Samoan language week so signing of with.....

Manuia le aso.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.