Search

Chromebooks

• Public
Started by Fiona Robertson 10 May 2013 8:32pm () Replies (4)

Hi we are looking at chromebooks at our school. I am wanting to know what the benefits of them are? What are the downsides of them? does anyone have examples of programs or items that students have created using them. 

Thnaks Fiona

Replies

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 27 Jun 2013 1:11pm ()

Here are a smattering of my resources around Chromebooks

https://www.diigo.com/user/allanahk/Chromebook

I haven't bought a new gadget in a while- might go out shopping when they get cool enough.

• John O'Regan (View all users posts) 26 Jun 2013 7:57am ()

We have purchased 3 chrome books as a bit of a  trial- we already use google apps in our y5/6 syndicate fairly extensively with all children with individual accounts.

We are coming a bit unstuck with setting them up so that different accounts can log into them- it appears that as a BYOD tool it would be perfect- my device logged into my account, but as a shared tool across multiple users there seem to be some issues. Is anyone using chrome books successfully, and how are you switching between accounts?

We also seem to have some compatibility issues with our server (a windows server) where they don't like hooking into our wireless system- but thats more for the techies.

• Gerard Macmanus (View all users posts) 06 Jun 2013 10:57pm ()

sorry, please refer to /discussion/view/811726 for a student story on why he chose a chromebook for his byod device.

Just brought an acer chromebook, loving it.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.

e-Learning: Technologies

e-Learning: Technologies

Where we explore how different technologies can support learning.