Search

Samsung Galaxy Camera

• Public
Started by Allanah King 22 Apr 2013 12:09am () Replies (9)

I am about to buy myself a Samsung Galaxy wifi/3G camera.

http://www.noelleeming.co.nz/shop/cameras/digital-cameras/samsung-galaxy-camera-3g-white/prod120338.html

Has anyone else got one- what do they think of it.

Replies

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 22 Apr 2013 9:32am ()

As I haven't actually bought it yet you are making me think which is a good thing....

I like taking photos and in the past have done a 365 photo a day project from my iPhone but was frustrated with the lack of optical zoom.

I have a loathing of chords and the plugging in of USB cables is annoying.

I bought a great DSLR at Christmas for when I want serious photography but was looking for something handbag size for travelling.

I am a tiny little bit geeky and like exploring new gadgets.

I would like to play with an up to date Android device so I can experiment with what apps could potentially work for kids.

I am heading to Sydney in the first week of school for Google Certification and didn't want to turn up with an iPad.

And I am not good at saving money!!!!! Much better at spending it!!!!!!

I am an early adopter and like new stuff.

:-)

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 22 Apr 2013 9:53am ()

I was thinking that I probably wouldn't make use of their Dropbox option as I already have 20GB of Dropbox space that I can use and it won't go away after two years.

I don't think I would want to synch photos for the same reason I don't synch my iPad photos to iCloud either- most are lame and not worth keeping.

I would mainly want to upload the photos to Twitter or to a blog and not many of those at a time.

I will ask about the discount too- good thinking. I have bought a couple of iPads there so and my Mac Book Air so they know me.

I even bought my first computer there- 4GB hard drive! Woohoo!!!!

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 28 Apr 2013 6:02pm ()

I bought the camera and got the teacher discount - a little bit for the camera itself but a decent amount on the SD card for it so it was worth asking.

Playing with it it is also teaching me the way of the Android!!!

Things I notice.....

• Doubling tapping for a full stop just moves you two spaces along which is annoying ;-)
    • It has done two software and a firmware updates since I bought it.
    • It is interesting getting my email on my camera!
    • I put it on 3G from Telecom- we'll see how that goes.
    • With all the zooming in and out the battery goes down fairly fast but not worryingly fast.
    • I can now make my camera into the wifi hotspot!

Two questions.....

• I hooked it up to my VISA card for buying a few apps that I thought I couldn't do without. For a school how could they limit the spending as they might do using an iTunes card. Spending money is all just a bit too easy!!!
    • I want a good photo editing app- cropping, filters etc. I have Instagram but it makes all my photos into squares which is OK I suppose if you like square photos. What else might people suggest.
  • Allanah King (View all users posts) 28 Apr 2013 11:55pm ()

I am so well trained with iOS that I double tap the space bar to get a full stop all the time. On an iPad double tapping adds a full stop, puts in a space and the next letter is automatically a capital letter.

Yes a pre-paid Prezi card could well act like a credit card and keep an eye on spending.

An issue with iPads is around buying apps for multiple devices- by any chance have you read the Terms of Service? Can I legally download an app onto multiple devices at school using the one purchase across multiple tablets!

I downloaded Swype for typing which is a lot faster but I am a bit worried cos it says it collects everything that you have typed- should I be worried if I type in things like credit card details etc.

Thank you- I downloaded the photo editor which will suit me nicely I think.

What would you recommend in the way of a Word Processor? I am not likely to do a lot of writing as such on my camera but it is nice to have an option should I feel the need to write a blog post and there is no internet around to get Google Docs.

Thanks for your help. I feel like I am getting the hang of it.

Cheers

Join this group to contribute to discussions.