Search

Growing leadership of e-learning | NAPP Kōrero 6 - Resourcing

Started by Karen Spencer 03 Apr 2013 2:49pm () Replies (168)

Kia ora koutou, talofa lava and welcome...

interconnected woven circlesThis kōrero invites you to think about those leadership skills and understandings which might be important when planning to resource e-learning in your school. We have all heard stories of schools investing heavily in technologies first and then deciding afterwards how they will be useful...or inviting students to bring in their own devices before considering how this might support the curriculum.

We know that e-learning is driven by curriculum and pedagogy - so what does this mean for leaders who need to grow a kete of services and technologies to support this in their school? 

Some resources to kick start this mahi...

From Enabling e-Learning Leadership, Dr Cheryl Doig outlines the change process and explains how to sustain change. As you watch, ask yourself what kind of leadership capabilities would be needed to do this and how does this relate to resourcing?

[Link to video with transcript]

Our key questions...

• How might principals grow their capacity to lead the resourcing of e-learning?

• How might your decisions about school resourcing of e-learning impact on property, personnel or finance?

Cool WEBINAR: You can access the webinar recording for this kōrero via this link

[Image credit: CC Hazel Owen]

Replies

• Arna Rose (View all users posts) 21 Jun 2013 1:44pm ()

Tena Koe e hoa!

Ae e tautoko ana tenei whakatakotoranga.

I attended the workshop at the National Hui on elearning and google apps which I must say was very informative and allowed for our Kura to follow steps to move forward with the elearning movement. i.e.

Our process for our school and The Principal and Deputy Principal was to -

- Contact the Google Facilitator for Blended Learning to come to our school.

- As whole staff PD Survey about Blended Learning

- As part of our strategic vision secure 3, 5, 10 year plan i.e. internet accessibility, speed and effectiveness, infrastructure, updating equipment, resources and PD and Funding.

- Survey for Students on "Blended learning/ E learning.

- Community vision for e-learning.

- Collate information, based on data, identify needs and strenghts, gaps analysis.

• Arna Rose (View all users posts) 21 Jun 2013 2:23pm ()

To also add to this

- identiy who on staff is the most compotent in ICT, along with your Admin Office and Principal, train them up firstly in the elearning/ digital learning/ blended learning.

- Allow them the teacher time and facilitator access to get a grasp of elearning, how to facilitate it, who are the expert or contact course people for the school.

- Introduce as one of the focus for Appraisal.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.

e-Learning: Leadership

e-Learning: Leadership

Exploring leadership for change, vision, policy and strategy that integrates ICTs into learning.