Search

Convert video from .swf

• Public
Started by Rebecca Ronald 03 Mar 2013 10:23am () Replies (4)

Hi all, I've been using jing to record little 'how to' videos, but they save as a .swf file, and I want to convert them into something that I can upload to youtube, put on our moodle, google site etc. Any suggestions? I donwloaded format factory but it doesn't handle .swf either. Rebecca

Replies

• Tom Neumann (View all users posts) 03 Mar 2013 10:39am ()

Hi Rebecca

the state of the art app for creating elearning videos is Captivate 6 an Adobe program. It allows to create HD video of demonstrations with sound and all the bells and whistles. It will covert an existing swf. file as we'll import and process PowerPoint slides. It can be used to create SCORM compliant online assessments fully uploles le to an LMS such as Moodle. The Ministry has an agreement with Adobe making the program more affordable. I am sure there are other options out there but Captivate 6 is state IOC the art. No programming knowledge is required. 

• dakinane (View all users posts) 03 Mar 2013 3:02pm ()

Rebecca,

Moodle allows you to link to .swf files so why convert? You can upgrade from free to premium in Jing and then output AVI and therefore YouTube friendly video format. I use captivate for the interactive tutorials that are available via my site.  It is a fantastic tool.  Happy to create the videos for you if you want?  Have just done a suite of 11 tutorials for a client all loaded onto their Moodle site to teach staff how to use Moodle, plus loads of software tutorials for other clients, they love them.  Just let me know.

• L Tomlinson (View all users posts) 03 Mar 2013 3:15pm ()

Hi Rebecca,

I've just started using Jing to make some 'how to' videos and there is the option to get an html embed code for your videos. This makes it easy to embed into Moodle via html using the label activity. You need to change to size in the html code but this is simple to do.  See the features section on the Jing website or this video How to obtain an embed code for Jing  from the website. Feel free to contact me for more info. Jing also works well by simply uploading the .swf file to Moodle as a file.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.

e-Learning: Technologies

e-Learning: Technologies

Where we explore how different technologies can support learning.