Search

Embedding assessment in ePortfolios....

SunglassesSome of the questions that you may want to discuss include:

• What do we want to achieve by assessing our students?
  • How can we empower and encourage students to focus on their progress?
  • How can we better involve parents/whānau in the assessment process?
  • How do we frame this within the The New Zealand Curriculum?
Image: Classy sunglasses cc licensed ( BY NC ) flickr photo by Jason Pier in DC

Replies

• Vanessa White (View all users posts) 12 Jun 2014 11:15am ()

Hi,

I just happened to stumble into this amazing VLN and felt it very timely. I have both a question to ask and a resource to share. I have just completed a critical appraisal of e-portfolios as a tool to help support gifted children in the early childhood education setting which I have posted on http://liftingthelid.weebly.com/e-portfolios-as-a-tool-to-support-gifted-children-in-early-childhood-education.html

I am wondering if there are any early childhood educators in this forum who could share your experiences of how you have implemented the e-portfolios in your centre and how you addressed issues of equitable access for young students, ensured that it was student led with student voice being shared, and how your centre planned and used time to use e-portfolios.

The potential outcomes for this tool are amazing (I have a list of potential goals, outcomes and measures) at the conclusion of my critical appraisal which include assessment) and I would love to be able to add in specific strategies to help make this tool an obviously viable and exciting option for ECE centres.

I look forward to learning more.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.