Search

Merci!

• Public
Started by Pascale Hyboud-Peron 15 Feb 2013 8:51am () Replies (2)

It was great to be able to meet and talk yesterday, thank you for making the time. I learnt a lot from your experience. It highlighted for me that e-teachers, like teachers in the classroom, have a wide diversity of approaches built on needs, audience and environment. It was good to hear you would be keen on subsequent meetings. A month from now is March 24th, so we may pencil that in then?
Possible conversation threads could be around:
- show and tell of what your course looks like on your respective LMS, blogs
- googledocs as a means of keeping track of students' productions development as well as collaborative functions
- what feedback looks like in the e-classroom
- tools you and your students use for all sorts
- comparing your classroom and e-classroom practice ...
List be no means binding nor limiting... you may want to use this space as a jotter of ideas as you go along with your e-classes.
A question arising was about how to acquire a conference PIN and if at all possible? Rachel, would you mind giving details please?

PascaleHP

Replies

• Rachel Whalley (View all users posts) 15 Feb 2013 9:12am ()

Bonjour Pascale

Pin numbers for video conference or audio conference can be ordered from Asnet technologies, vcsupport@asnettechnologies.co.nz, who have a contract for managing the bridge. For online classes these are usually ordered by the ePrincipals and distributed to the eteachers. Anyone can request one, but they need to be authorized through the MoE first. Eddie has been our go to guy for this, but he is leaving soon, so after that i think it is Tam Dobie. So i have just done that this morning so this group can have it's own PIN number. Will share this soon.

I too enjoyed our meeting yesterday and one theme that struck me was the many different ways of building classrooms and curriculum resources online. Obviously no one size fits all but i wonder how teachers can collaborate and share with so many different online places and tools? Something to explore with this group?

Join this group to contribute to discussions.