Search

Twitter in the classroom

• Public
Started by Simone Gentil 20 Jan 2013 2:43pm () Replies (11)

Does anyone currently use Twitter in their classroom or know of anyone that does? I'm really just starting to learn how to use Twitter properly as I used to find it quite frustrating!! Undecided I've just come across Maraetai Beach School in Auckland and most (possibly all) of their classes seem to be using it. Their purpose appears to be to share reminders with students, as well as to enable family/friends to be up to date with news and events at school. I thought this was a great idea, but my first thought was that a lot of parents may not use Twitter and I wouldn't expect the children in my class to have it due to only being year 4. I then jumped onto one of their classroom blogs and they've used a gadget that displays a live Twitter feed on the side of their blog. So even if parents/ children etc only checked the blog regularly this could prove to be a useful tool. It seems they use Twitter for reminders etc and then the blog to share and celebrate children's learning. I really like this idea! Smile

Replies

Join this group to contribute to discussions.