Search

A REFRESHER about what works for Māori learners?

Started by Moana Timoko 14 Jan 2013 10:48am () Replies (35)

Kia ora koutou

What works for Māori Learners?  You may know, you may not - You may have some ideas and you may be seeking new ideas.  

You may want to share something that has worked for you OR you may want to share something that you've seen work.

How have you improved Māori student achievement?  Let us know how you know.

How have you improved Māori student engagement?  Let us know how you know.

How have you hooked your Māori students on to learning?  Let us know how you know.

Are you using a blend of face to face and virtual approaches to improve student learning?  If yes, how? - let us know.

I would love to read your kōrero - That's a bit of a play on words for you.

There are a lot of success stories out there but I want to read it, hear it & see it here.

There is a Māori whakatauki -

E kore te kumara e kōrero mō tōna ake reka - The kumara will not speak of its own sweetness.  

Share about someone else if you are not comfortable about sharing about yourself.

Replies

• Phoebe Davis (View all users posts) 01 Feb 2013 11:09am ()

Ka mau te wehi!!!  ˇhere is some awesome whakaro and korero going on in this group. Kia ora nga wahine toa.

I would love to add my whakaaro too. Monika nga mihi kia koe mo wou whakaaro rangatira

Maori achieving success as Maori its a focus I want to put energy into and for Maaori to go beyond success, beyonfd excellence.

I will add more to this discusion. Arohamai. I haven't finished Im just stopping for now.

Wahine mā awesome thoughts and korero.

Moana Tau Kē...

• Phoebe Davis (View all users posts) 13 Feb 2013 8:14pm ()

...and Tracey Tito I know for sure you are a WOW Teacher yourself. Great koreo and ohhh so true. 

Ngā mihi rangatira ki ā koe.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.