Search

Building connections with other schools and teachers with similar interests

Hi, my name is Simone and I’m a primary teacher at Morningside School. This year I have a class of a year 4 children with a couple of year 5 children too. I have recently created a blog to share my Adventure Learning and e-learning journey. I’m hoping that by blogging my journey that it will not only enable me to share my learning with a wider audience, but also enable me to build connections with other like minded teachers. I would love to receive any feedback, comments or hear from anyone who is on a similar journey.

My blog is: http://adventurelearning15.wordpress.com/

Replies

• Catriona Pene (View all users posts) 11 Jan 2013 11:34am ()

Thanks for sharing Simone, what a great wealth of knowledge, passion and enthusiasm you bring to the VLN.

I will certainly be checking on your blog regularly and sharing it with other teachers  I am working with in my role as BeL facilitator. What an exciting year you have planned for your class. I look forward to reading updates on your blog. 

See you at the Whangarei app harvest sessions : )

• TeAhua Park (View all users posts) 14 Jan 2013 3:38pm ()

Kia ora simone.  I was instantly attracted to your group because of the 21st century heading.  I too am passionate about this topic and using ict and inquiry learning to engage and motivate learners.  Blogging is a great way of sharing your journey and i will eagerly be following your blog.  For the past two years i have taught a year 4 - 6 connected class in Kaikohe which has been so enjoyable and rewarding.  I found the site http://www.fluency21.com really good in terms of knowing and understanding how things have changed and how we can better cater for 21st century students in our classrooms.  If you are not a committed sardine (which is a follower of their blog entitled "the committed sardine") then i suggest you join.  It really has some great ideas and great reads to increase your professional Knowledge.  all the best with your blog.  :)

• Simone Gentil (View all users posts) 17 Jan 2013 9:51pm ()

Thank you both for replying. My blog is currently looking a little bit empty as I've only just started it. I will continue to post regularly though. Catriona, how do I find out about the Whangarei app harvest sessions? I have seen them mentioned on the VLN, but am unsure when they happen. I would love to attend next time :) I have had a brief look at the committed sardine and fluency21, but will go back at look at both of those in more depth. The committed sardine appears to be a great source of information. I came across www.edudemic.com today too and have found some useful articles on there. TeAhua do you have a classroom blog? It sounds like you're doing some really exciting things in your classroom too.

I found an interesting article on Edudemic tonight about the 2012 Edublog awards and finalists for the best free web tools. I've added it to my blog and have shared how I use some of these tools already in my classroom, as well as some I would like to look into further. Here is the link if anyone is interested :) http://edudemic.com/2013/01/the-18-best-free-web-tools-chosen-by-you/

• Catriona Pene (View all users posts) 18 Jan 2013 8:49am ()

Hey again Simone, Tania and I have not yet set any dates for app harvests in Whangarei for this year yet but once we do I will be in touch, I have added your school email address to my contacts : ) 

Another great person to follow and website to visit is Silvia Tolisano Rosenthal on twitter and on her Langwitches blog. SHe is a wealth of all that is 21st century learning.

and Heidi Hayes Jacobs who has the curriculum21 blog which in the clearing house tab has a wealth of resources, presentations and websites to visit : ) 

Have fun exploring!! : )

• Simone Gentil (View all users posts) 18 Jan 2013 9:13am ()

Thank you. That would be great. Will have a look at those blogs and websites. Thank you for your help :)

Join this group to contribute to discussions.