Search

Showme app not working on a Smartnet server

• Public
Started by Bevan James 07 Dec 2012 5:52pm () Replies (7)

My students have been using Showme as a tool for sharing their learning but once we upload them to the Showme website they don't play through the Smartnet server we have at school. It works fine through the ipad and the site opens on computers but the videos don't load. Any ideas anyone? Once I get home the movie opens and plays fine.

Replies

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 07 Dec 2012 5:56pm ()

Maybe you can ask the Show Me team directly via Twitter.

https://twitter.com/showmeapp

• Innes Kennard (View all users posts) 07 Dec 2012 6:13pm ()

Or even the SmartNet team.

• Bevan James (View all users posts) 07 Dec 2012 8:47pm ()

Thanks, I'll start with Smartnet, although their forums seem a little unused and outdated. Will try emailing first.

Apart from Explain Everything what other screen recording style apps are people using for students to show learning.

• Eric Martini (View all users posts) 07 Dec 2012 8:56pm ()

We used to use Showme, but switched to Educreations.... pretty much does the same as Showme, but has the added advantage of letting you add extra pages, so you're not stuck with the one page per video.

(At the time Showme was a bit buggy so was added incentive to change)

Haven't had any problems with Educreations so far.....

• Barbara Reid (View all users posts) 08 Dec 2012 2:21pm ()

You coud also try PageSend

Create a whiteboard video by drawing on the iPad, add text and images, or import an existing document. Your voice can be recorded as you work, with the resulting document then available to be shared with others. They can watch and listen to your document play back from the start.

COLLABORATE IN REAL TIME

Invite one or more people to join with their iPads to collaborate on a document in real time over the internet. Wherever they are, you are all on the same page, with each person’s drawing, typing, images or documents appearing as if by magic on each other’s iPads.

• Bevan James (View all users posts) 13 Dec 2012 9:04pm ()

The team at Smart Net were brilliant. They found that the showme website was actually running another website in the background so they added this to the whitelist and it is now working. Thanks for the suggestions and help.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.